Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Secret Santa Updated (12/1) LAST CHANCE!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So far, the following traders are participating;

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!!!!!

THE WIFE AND I WILL BE RANDOMLY ASSIGNING EVERYBODY A SECRET SANTA LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW!!!!

~~~I still need address and short wish-lists from the following ~~~

bguzowski16
bruinsfan08 (need address and wantlist)
Ducks_Fan
gmccarth
irbefan4life
jason1980
jfinney75 (need address and wantlist)
johlix
kct1
Optimus_Prime
rayeates
snobles
swjrp10
titan501ca

More are still welcome to join. I was thinking about making December 1 the last day to "sign up" for Secret Santa. That will give about 3 weeks to "shop".

Let me know if this is ok with you all, or if you have other ideas.

Also, PM me with your address when you get the chance

Last time I joined in I gave a way graded rc and made them feel like I was Santa... Than I get three base cards for my gift!!! Lucky if it was the bare minimal for bv... What a waste of my time. I get it everyone doesn't have a lot of money, but if you're going to do this, do it right! Don't send junk that don't even get to the Beckett minimum... I got taken once from this scam and I'm done with it... Still irked over that and it was along time ago...
I know on another site there was a validator for each deal. You had to tell that person what it was you were sending the other person and it had to be ok'd as meeting the standards. I can see the frustration of going out of your way only to get nothing in return. I know this is about the giving aspect but that should be how everyone deals with it.

Hopefully we will not have any of the 'hit and run" type involved this time around.
Right now I have no doubts about any of the members listed, so I think that this one will be safe. Jeff had the experience a while ago, but I am sure that we will not see such a thing happen again. If it does, I will be on top of it, as this is an honour system endeavour, and we all need to adhere to it.

With that being said, should you get significantly more than you give, do not feel bad. Some members have more extensive a collection of traders than others, and some are better off. The general rule is about $20-25 SALE VALUE for the gift. I do encourage people not to go beyond that boundary, but there are members that can and definitely will go far beyond, just so they can help someone out. Thank you again, Brian, for putting this on. I look forward to the festivities!

Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
this might be a touchy question, but do you need to have an active account to be a part of this? I do not trade anymore, nor do i use the org, but i still hang around here like the piece of poo that just wont flush down no matter how hard you try. I've always loved the secret santa and i've got a pile of cards i dont mind parting with anymore.
(11-16-2015, 08:53 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: [ -> ]this might be a touchy question, but do you need to have an active account to be a part of this? I do not trade anymore, nor do i use the org, but i still hang around here like the piece of poo that just wont flush down no matter how hard you try. I've always loved the secret santa and i've got a pile of cards i dont mind parting with anymore.
Because this is a member oriented, and honour system regulated action we can account for members that do not have the Org. Nobody is trading through the system with this, so I have to say that it is okay. So... unless anyone opposes, Brandon (and others) can join in the fun. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
Well said all!!! May I join in on the festivities! I'd like to take part of the secret Santa Smile
johlix and optimus, with what Randi said, you are more than welcome to join.

Randi - I was thinking along the same lines as around $25-$30. but if you feel like giving more (you don't have too) you can do what you want with your cards
Sign me up!

I enjoy doing things like these! And I actually believe you can improve the community with these kinds of things
Sign me up as well, and Randi, any way that you can PM me the rules of this...never done one of these before!
Pages: 1 2 3