Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Kenseth suspended two races
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I may not be of the popular opinion on this, but this is ABSOLUTELY that correct decision...

And I will say once again...what happened in Kansas is no where near the same or worthy of the reaction/response...

I read it yesterday. I do think he should have been suspended, but only for one race. What he did was a bit more than he needed to do but he did it at exactly the right moment. There was no other car around them to get caught up in it. I'm kinda surprised they didn't suspend Danica for one race though. She did exactly the same thing and with other cars around. Two different penalties for the same infraction seems pretty biased.
JGR is appealing the suspension. They better hope it gets handled quickly b/c if it doesn't get settled before Phoenix, Matt could miss the D500 in February.
NASCAR’s Brian France says Matt Kenseth suspended for impacting Chase
By Dustin LongNov 4, 2015, 5:31 PM EST
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2015/11/04/n...er=ya5nbcs

NASCAR Chairman Brian France defended the different penalties to Matt Kenseth and Danica Patrick for their retaliations at Martinsville and said that penalties were increased to Kenseth to deter any other driver from doing the same thing again.

France, who spoke Wednesday afternoon on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, also said reiterated that contact is acceptable, mentioned Ryan Newman’s slamming of Kyle Larson at Phoenix last year to advance to the championship round as an acceptable form of racing.

Read the whole article...I think it is pretty well written, which doesn't always happen on Yahoo, and pretty much sums up the situation and a lot of the issues.

I think the suspension will be reduced to one race at the appeal hearing today...the two race suspension allows for an appeal and a reduction that still gives Kenseth missing a Sunday off, makes a point, and gets things back on track, no pun intended...

BTW, did you hear Danica's spotter or Crew Chief (I missed which one) say "That was stupid!" or something like that after she wrecked Gilliland? She goes, "Sorry..." LOL
I read a similar article a little while ago too. I know Kenseth lost his appeal but made a final appeal. It took place at 1pm today but I haven't heard what happened in the hearing yet.