Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Am I a "Bad trader"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-31-2015, 08:51 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]That's it. Both of you have angered me. I'm going to buy boxes today to get over it. Hey Nick, are you going to the Wilmington, MA show next weekend?
I dunno my dad asked me about it, I havent gone to a show in YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

I have no idea, are they just people over pricing stuff and bitching about the internet?
(10-31-2015, 09:19 AM)iamralpho Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno my dad asked me about it, I havent gone to a show in YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

I have no idea, are they just people over pricing stuff and bitching about the internet?
Biggest dealers and auction houses in the world. Big time Ebay guys and girls like Probstein and Black Jaded Wolf, serious auction houses like Mile High and Heritage and dealers who's main occupation is doing the show circuit. You can find deals because of the amount of competition there and you can overpay. Largest selection of high grade vintage you will ever see (along with modern). It is no joke. Dealers from all over the US set up.
(10-31-2015, 09:49 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Biggest dealers and auction houses in the world. Big time Ebay guys and girls like Probstein and Black Jaded Wolf, serious auction houses like Mile High and Heritage and dealers who's main occupation is doing the show circuit. You can find deals because of the amount of competition there and you can overpay. Largest selection of high grade vintage you will ever see (along with modern). It is no joke. Dealers from all over the US set up.
I have collected for 26 years now and covered 4 decades 80's, 90's, 00', and 10' I have never been to a show but one of these days I will go but just dont know when. It is on my bucket list. I envy you guys that go to shows it keeps me wanting to go when I hear about your stories and what you seen. PS never been to Cooperstown and that too is on my bucket list.
(10-31-2015, 10:07 AM)waynetalger Wrote: [ -> ]I have collected for 26 years now and covered 4 decades 80's, 90's, 00', and 10' I have never been to a show but one of these days I will go but just dont know when. It is on my bucket list. I envy you guys that go to shows it keeps me wanting to go when I hear about your stories and what you seen. PS never been to Cooperstown and that too is on my bucket list.
You really ought to go to a show Wayne. Not so much the smaller town shows, although you can find some gems. It's a chance to see in person and possibly buy what you probably never will see outside of a show. If your into vintage it's like the best Christmas you can remember as a kid times 100. There's so much competition on really nice ungraded vintage you can pick up extremely grade worthy cards for cheap and the best part is you inspect them there yourself. I'm not talking 60's and 70's stuff. Im talking T206, early Goudeys, super rarities. It's just amazing. I took in over $30k in cards I brought in a box to deal at this same show last year. Yes it was high end graded vintage but that's the type of money being tossed around there. 3 weeks later I sold another collection to one of the buyers I sold to there and traded/bought another collection off of him while I was there. You can accomplish more than you can imagine at a good show. [Image: output_zpsef0y7k6t.jpg]
I used to go to shows weekly with my dad in Waltham, and other places. I stopped collecting in high school, picked up right after college so I kinda got right into the internet wave.

Probably went to my last show 2000 maybe?
It seems to me the phone number was offered maybe as a way to smooth things over (as tone can be a challenge over messages), but it wasn't taken as such, then tempers flared and the whole thing got overblown. You're both good dudes, the trade didn't work out, I just traded Nick the Brinson, so I don't blame him for not wanting to part with it, nor do I blame Dub for asking for it. I hope cooler heads prevail and you guys can be chill with each other again, whether you ever make a deal with each other or not.

As for shows, I totally suggest people go when they can. Big shows or small, it's a different side of the hobby that can be fun in its own way for a whole bunch of reasons.
(10-31-2015, 11:09 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me the phone number was offered maybe as a way to smooth things over (as tone can be a challenge over messages), but it wasn't taken as such, then tempers flared and the whole thing got overblown. You're both good dudes, the trade didn't work out, I just traded Nick the Brinson, so I don't blame him for not wanting to part with it, nor do I blame Dub for asking for it. I hope cooler heads prevail and you guys can be chill with each other again, whether you ever make a deal with each other or not.

As for shows, I totally suggest people go when they can. Big shows or small, it's a different side of the hobby that can be fun in its own way for a whole bunch of reasons.
+1 on all accounts.
I just made this to find out if anyone was saying not to trade with me, I doubted it but had to check
You two should just 'bro hug' and move forward.
Too many other things in life to worry about than cards.
Trading / not trading shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

As far as shows ... I've never been to a big card show. But like Wayne, it's on my bucket list ... As well as Cooperstown!
(10-31-2015, 10:27 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ][Image: output_zpsef0y7k6t.jpg]
That card is a beauty!
(11-01-2015, 04:41 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]You two should just 'bro hug' and move forward.
Too many other things in life to worry about than cards.
Trading / not trading shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

As far as shows ... I've never been to a big card show. But like Wayne, it's on my bucket list ... As well as Cooperstown!

That card is a beauty!
Thanks Doc. Right now it's the crown jewel of my modern collection. I can't wait to see what the show next weekend has to offer.
Pages: 1 2 3