Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Box Breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just signed up for a few random and team breaks on two retailer websites. This is the first time I have done this. I have always purchased boxes of the cards I wanted. If you have tried this approach let me know what you think of it. One question I have is do all of the cards for your team get shipped to you or just the inserts and parallels? If the base cards for the teams are not shipped what do they do with them? Might seem like stupid questions, they do to me, but I could not tell from the case break rules. Feedback greatly appreciated.
I suppose it depends on how the box/case breaker does things. The couple times I've done it I always go with a breaker that specifically states that base cards are included.

I've enjoyed the breaks I've been in on. I usually prefer to break cases that may yield a decent number of base to help with team building. I was lucky that one of the breakers I found on eBay lives about 15 minutes away from my work. During decent weather I'll actually stop by to pick up my cards otherwise I get my cards practically next day.
Definitely depends on the breaker and the product. Most of the time, you will get everything, but if you won't get the base, they normally tell you when they start the break. One good example of when you wouldn't get base (at least from a product standpoint only) is Contenders. Each team usually only has 3 players in the main product, and most cases have between 50-75 of each player.

I've gotten in on a LOT of breaks over the past 3 years. I've been skunked (gotten nothing) about as many times as I've gotten something, but have come out with some really nice cards, including 2 Aaron Rodgers autos (one was 2013 Contenders MVP Ink, the other was a Five Star patch auto).

Be careful, though, it's easy to overspend getting into them.... Been there done that/
(10-12-2015, 09:50 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful, though, it's easy to overspend getting into them.... Been there done that/
+1
(10-12-2015, 12:03 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]+1
+1 errrr +2,

...wait does that make 3?
(10-14-2015, 01:51 AM)woogie23 Wrote: [ -> ]+1 errrr +2,

...wait does that make 3?
Make that 4...have gotten a lot of nice cards but definitely shouldn't have spent as much as I have...