Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Chased down one of my dream Vick Auto RC's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now most of these have the faded auto problem and obviously it'd be fantastic to get a perfect auto one, but I don't even care being there were only 25 ever made and I've been after this for 14 years. I'm only 25 so I obviously wasn't laying out 800 for it back in 01-03 when it was like "the card" I've had and sold (biggest regret in my entire life with regards to cards) the SP Authentic Auto Patch, so this was my #1 MV7 want for years. I need to get another SP Authentic, but they are so far and few between these days, even though now I would lay down the money for it (as long as its not graded) All in all though the card in question is this, the 2001 Bowman Chrome Auto RC

[Image: MV7%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Auto%20RC_zpsbyuxi97x.jpg]
Back when I had over 40 different vick rc autos, believe it or not I for some reason never had this one, and I just picked it up the other day. Excited to get it, one of my all time favorite designs (I unlike most love that holographic sticker"

[Image: Rookies%20and%20Stars%20Auto%20RC_zpsbcvipoti.jpg]
Here's a hypothetical. Say the autograph completely faded away, but someone got it autographed by Vick again and gets it either JSA, PSA, etc certified. Is it valued just as much? Are you still interested in it? What if he doesn't sign the sticker but signs somewhere else on the card?
Funny you say that, because I've met him before and got an autograph, but I actually said to my buddy when/if I meet him again, I'd honestly probably have him resign it. I think that'd be awesome I'd be interested in that without a doubt.
Also if anyone reads this and has or can get access to an 01 SP Authentic Vick Auto Patch, I'm a serious buyer/trader really looking for one
That really stinks that the autos are fading like that. Why are they doing that? Is that a common problem for that year, or was it just that brand? As much as I hate the guy (for torching my packers in the playoffs at Lambeau, and no, I don't hold a grudge!), those are nice cards!
He had a heck of a lot of RCs. That must make them pretty affordable in the real (vs. Beckett) world.
I remember when Vick autographed rookies were huge money, when his SP Authentic hit $1,000 the collecting world went crazy. It's sad to see how much his cards came down over the years. I have been considering picking up one of his rookie autos, as they are much much more affordable now.
Nice! I almost through bids on those, but figured you'd have seen 'em.
And not to be "that guy" ... but this is a perfect example of when people get all high and mighty about on-card versus sticker autos, I'd like to point out which one is which in this case.

And no, I'm not saying one is better than the other in general, I just always crack up when people rip on someone's new hit or pickup because "it's only a sticker."

Like you actually met the player either way, right?

So might as well be happy with a quality signature, even if it's on a sticker.

Nice cards either way!
If you like Vick, I have one available

[Image: 05vick.jpg]
(10-07-2015, 05:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]And not to be "that guy" ... but this is a perfect example of when people get all high and mighty about on-card versus sticker autos, I'd like to point out which one is which in this case.

And no, I'm not saying one is better than the other in general, I just always crack up when people rip on someone's new hit or pickup because "it's only a sticker."

Like you actually met the player either way, right?

So might as well be happy with a quality signature, even if it's on a sticker.

Nice cards either way!

You're a 100 percent right my man....one of few people I've heard that think the same way I do. Personally I miss the "holographic" sticker that leaf/donruss used in the early 2000s. Some people are really weird about that
Pages: 1 2