Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Crossover grading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You can try to put it under some magnification yourself and get a decent idea if it will come back from BGS with a 9.5. I did that with an orange ice (hard to find a good grade) Kris Bryant PSA 10 I bought and it came back BGS 9.5. But it's always a crap shoot.. I personally prefer BGS cause of the look and in my opinion a BGS 9.5 is always better than a PSA 10. Good luck with the cards!
I am looking to regrade a BGS 9.5 to PSA just because a PSA 10 sells for $5,000.00 on this card and a BGS 9.5 sells for about $2,000.00.
(09-22-2015, 09:20 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking to regrade a BGS 9.5 to PSA just because a PSA 10 sells for $5,000.00 on this card and a BGS 9.5 sells for about $2,000.00.
What card? Something vintage? That would be a huge difference in pricing even for vintage.
(09-23-2015, 03:09 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]What card? Something vintage? That would be a huge difference in pricing even for vintage.
Tiger Woods SI for Kids. Last PSA 10 which has been a while sold for $5,000.00 the last BGS 9.5 sold for $2500.00.
(09-23-2015, 04:36 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: [ -> ]Tiger Woods SI for Kids.
Wow! That much? I had one of those ungraded that was stolen several years ago.
if you have the cash and it's for your own collection, may as well shoot for one psa 10 and one bgs 10...just sayin'

but seriously, unless you're looking to resell later, not sure what the difference is. grading is always subjective and it doesn't necessarily mean between grading companies.
(09-23-2015, 06:13 PM)kstjst48 Wrote: [ -> ]if you have the cash and it's for your own collection, may as well shoot for one psa 10 and one bgs 10...just sayin'

but seriously, unless you're looking to resell later, not sure what the difference is. grading is always subjective and it doesn't necessarily mean between grading companies.
Resale values are the difference. BGS owns the modern market and PSA is king in vintage.
It's worth noting that a PSA 10 is gem mint while a BGS 10 is pristine.

PSA 10 is equal to a BGS 9.5
(09-23-2015, 07:22 PM)crossada Wrote: [ -> ]It's worth noting that a PSA 10 is gem mint while a BGS 10 is pristine.

PSA 10 is equal to a BGS 9.5
Not necessarily. As stated earlier in the thread there's been plenty of modern cards graded PSA 10 that just didn't do to well when re-submitted to Beckett. Also, if the card in question has an auto anything goes on the pricing because of the lack of an auto grade on PSA's cases.
(09-23-2015, 07:32 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily. As stated earlier in the thread there's been plenty of modern cards graded PSA 10 that just didn't do to well when re-submitted to Beckett. Also, if the card in question has an auto anything goes on the pricing because of the lack of an auto grade on PSA's cases.
From what I understand though, a PSA 10 CAN be pristine but doesn't HAVE to be. This means that there are probably some PSA 10's that are "perfect" and worthy of a pristine grade but the owner is just unaware.

I just wish I knew exactly what BGS looks for so I can make sure. I know they have guidelines on their site but it's not accurate enough.

(09-23-2015, 06:13 PM)kstjst48 Wrote: [ -> ]if you have the cash and it's for your own collection, may as well shoot for one psa 10 and one bgs 10...just sayin'

As far as I understand, you can tell BGS that your minimum accepted grade is a 10 and they won't slab it? Is that right? Because if so, I might do that just for kicks when I get some expendable cash.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5