Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Anyone get to the end of collecting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have any of you gotten to the point where you have all of the sets you want and all of the singles you really want? I think I'm getting there. What did you do next? (other than take a break)
(08-30-2015, 09:07 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: [ -> ]Have any of you gotten to the point where you have all of the sets you want and all of the singles you really want? I think I'm getting there. What did you do next? (other than take a break)
Im not quite sure, theres always something that catches my attention after i finish something or even without finishing i have side projects to always keep me busy. Look around and find something you like Wink
One of my goals is a complete set of 1952 Topps, psa 5 or higher so it's likely my collecting days will follow me to my death bed lol
I've been slowly doing 1980s Garbage Pail Kids b/c I really can't justify much more stuff sports wise. I've gotten everything I could want from older sets. So from there it's just the occasional newer single or so.

My own fault, but it gets annoying when I do happen into a shop to browse, mention who I PC (never volunteered, always asked) and suddenly there's a pile of cards I already have multiple copies of and I have to politely decline all of them.

There's literally one card left on my to get list in baseball (NNOF Thomas that I'll *never* save for with the way life happens) and in football I'm pretty singular on National Treasures singles of Drew Brees and people get a little carried away with NT singles' asking prices from time to time.
Since I PC collect the Phillies team.......I'll never hit the end of the road as there are always new cards to find plus thousands I don't have.
End? Nope.... A hiatus for a while? Yep. Seems like collecting is in my blood. As a Twins collector, unless cards stop being produced, I will always have something to look for.
Never an end. If I get tired of modern I focus solely on vintage and while years back I hated the idea of graded cards, it's quite a chase to go after rare vintage in better grades than the ones you own. There's so much beautiful vintage out there. Being able to chase all of them grade by grade, commons and stars, is an absolute privilege. I never get tired of cards. If I get a spare day to myself, I'll pull out random boxes and just look through them. Admiring the pics, reading stats, putting sets together...
End? Nope. A hiatus? Nope. There's always Beckett Graded cards of Nolan Ryan that I want. I have slowed down considerably, though. But that's just because I've been spending a lot more than I was allotted.

Maybe you know or maybe you don't. I'm disabled (I'll turn 40 in 19 days. I've been disabled for 14 years. With my approval, I had emergency surgery on an inoperable brain stem tumor in 2001. The surgery saved my life.) and my parents give me a monthly budget. I've been going over each month by a considerable amount. But I've stopped and my Mom gave me this last chance. So, I have to make it work, IF I want to keep buying Nolan Ryans.
It's never ending for me. I will stop when I have all the cards made of Hall of Famers and they stop putting out more.
(08-31-2015, 11:05 AM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]It's never ending for me. I will stop when I have all the cards made of Hall of Famers and they stop putting out more.
I don't think that they'll ever stop making cards of Nolan Ryan. That would be when I stop.
Pages: 1 2 3