Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Card Misprint Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been going through my childhood baseball card collection and cataloging it. I ran across a card today that has a blank front. It is just solid black on the front of the card like it was primed, but never printed. It is from the 1999 Topps set #452, and is supposed to have Rodriguez, Nomar, and Jeter on it.
A quick google search has come up empty on whether this was a common error. Is anyone familiar with this misprint, and does it have any value?

Slight correction. This does not appear to actually be #452 as I found that card in my collection. It is just something very similar. I have attached a picture to show. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have updated pictures to include the card I thought it was, and a clearer front and back picture of the card in question.
I think you peal the front to show what card it is
I have picked at the corner for a minute and it did not seem to peal easily. It looked like it was just splitting the card in two pieces. That could be from it being stuck together for 15 years though. I guess it will just remain a mystery for now.
(08-30-2015, 01:41 PM)dustin12368 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you peal the front to show what card it is
+1

That's most likely a Mystery Finest Refractor. Those came with a solid front that had to be peeled off to uncover the mystery of who was on your card.
Thanks for the help guys. My wife was able to get it peeled off. Turned out to be Nomar Garciaparra on the front.
(08-30-2015, 02:11 PM)bahaney10 Wrote: [ -> ]That could be from it being stuck together for 15 years though.
Bingo.