Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 3000 Post Contest completed. Prizes shipping soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I want to thank everyone who completed the 4 parts of my 3000th post contest. The contest included people listing what they collected, their favorite collectible, and then searching my wantlist. There was actually a few reasons for having these 4 steps. The forum has been very slow lately, and I was hoping that having this contest would get more people posting. That was one reason I required a minimum of 100 posts, and for one user they actually went out and posted a whole bunch in order to get to 100 posts. I was hoping more people would do this, but am happy that at least one person did. Another reason for some of the steps was that I wanted to see how easy it was to navigate my wantlist page to determine what cards I want. I was happy to see that most people had no issue figuring it out, but there are a few improvements that I now see should be made.

I had hoped that I would be able to ship the prizes out last week, but was swamped at work and then got sick at the end of the week and through the weekend. I am now getting everything together and will be shipping the prizes out over the next couple days. Here is a preview of some of the prizes getting shipped. Feel free to share what you got in this thread, as I am not showing everything in the preview.
[Image: 20150824_224827_zpszbita6dn.jpg]
[Image: 20150824_224635_zpslhyqay7k.jpg]
[Image: 20150824_224706_zpsdpigk8av.jpg]
[Image: 20150824_224916_zpssrnytnk0.jpg]
[Image: 20150824_225001_zps2dl2appe.jpg]
Man those are sweet!
Some very, very nice cards going out....wow. Amazed at the generosity of you for hosting the contest, then sending out cards like that! I'm jealous of whoever gets the Matt Williams. That card is a beauty...and I have absolutely no idea what card that is for some reason lol. Thanks again for the contest!
Awesome cards, and thanks again. I've definitely stepped up my game here in the threads!
This is awesome djohn. I love that you are trying to get people back to posting on here. Everyone something screws up with the site I tell myself that's the last time and yet I keep coming back. I enjoy most of the people around here and want to continue to interact with yall.

I like how you got people to check out your website. That was genius. I will be going over it again and searching my boxes for you.
(08-24-2015, 10:12 PM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: [ -> ]Some very, very nice cards going out....wow. Amazed at the generosity of you for hosting the contest, then sending out cards like that! I'm jealous of whoever gets the Matt Williams. That card is a beauty...and I have absolutely no idea what card that is for some reason lol. Thanks again for the contest!
The Matt Williams is from 1996 Finest. It is the Gold version which was the rarest of the base cards in that set, and were inserted 1 per box. I have had that card for many years, along with another nice Matt Williams card that I will be sending out as part of this contest. Around 10 years ago I started buying random 90s box hits (i.e. cards that were one per box or rarer). Back then everyone was caught up in the memorabilia and autographs, and the 90s box hits were super cheap as people chased the latest fad. I think the only rule at the time was that I wouldn't pay more than $1 each for them, and I know I got a lot of them for $0.25 or less. I have a couple monster boxes full of hits like that, and figured I would pull a few out for this contest. When the 90s inserts started heating up in basketball a few years ago I sold off a bunch of the ones I had, but was surprised that the baseball hits never really took off that much in value, compared to how much the basketball ones did.
(08-24-2015, 10:27 PM)woogie23 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome cards, and thanks again. I've definitely stepped up my game here in the threads!
Yep, you were the one I was referring to in terms of getting to 100 posts, and it looks like you're well on your way to 200 now.

(08-24-2015, 10:35 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]This is awesome djohn. I love that you are trying to get people back to posting on here. Everyone something screws up with the site I tell myself that's the last time and yet I keep coming back. I enjoy most of the people around here and want to continue to interact with yall.

I like how you got people to check out your website. That was genius. I will be going over it again and searching my boxes for you.
Yea, I get the same feeling too. In fact I let my Total Access subscription lapse and haven't renewed it yet. The sad part is within a few days, all of a sudden I got a bunch of trade offers, and the system won't even let me look at them now. So I can't even respond to people to let them know that I can't trade at the moment. Now I understand the lack of responses when I would send out trade offers and never hear back, yet see activity from the person.
As for the website, I put it together to help keep track of my wants when I am not at home. There were too many times that I would be out and stumble into a card shop or show and see some cards and have no idea if I needed them or not. Hence I created the site, and have a link on my phone, so it's easy to pull up and check. I also wanted an easy place to point people who wanted to check if I needed any cards they had.
Definitely a great contest, man! Even with all the "quirks" of the site, the org feature is perfect for a semi-tech-challenged person such as myself. We just hit 1100 different Nolan Ryans and almost 500 of them came from awesome traders here. Reason enough to stick around, I think!
That was a cool contest if that's what you want to call it. To me it was more like a four part exam. I liked that you were able to get us to interact with your wantlist. I even tried to start a trade with you but noticed the want stars were not showing up so decided to do it the "long way" by going down through your lists when I have more time. Those are some nice cards too. Great job!
This contest was incredible. It is reallly cool how you give back to the people of the site!
Thanks for having the contest, those look like some very nice prizes!!!! glad i could participate!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4