Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MWR and Clint Bowyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like MWR is announcing that they will not run any cars in 2016, and they will release Clint Bowyer from his contrat at the ne dof the season.

So, where does Bowyer land in 2016? Speculation that he might take a ride with Chip Ganassi racing...

As for MWR, you must give them credit, they tried everything to be successful, from jet-fuel to late race cautions and I'm sure a few other things...they just were not very good at it, because they always got caught...LOL

I'm sure Five Hour Energy will stay around as a sponser, so that ride has some value with Bowyer behind the wheel, especially if he can make the Chase this year...

Hrmm...it's not quite as exciting as Danica's #10 Nature's Bakery announcement, but it is certainly a NASCAR shake-up...
That's interesting. I heard they were contemplating switching from Toyota to Chevy, but nothing about closing shop. EGR could put out a 3rd car for him, as long as his sponsor comes too. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Roush Fenway or Penske either.
I guess Ragan will go back to the #34. I guess Vickers is going to stick to TV, which I suspected he was done racing after this years bout with clots. Michael will have to be a ringer now if he wants to run 'Tona and 'Dega.
They say that Waltrip is going to run Daytona as he has an agreement with Maxwell House as sponsor, so he will need to get a car somewhere...

Word is that Bowyer could land a one year deal with Furniture Row and run next to the 78...but it wasn't clear to me how that would go down or what car he would have. That would allow him to wait out an open spot with someone, maybe SHR if Tony decides to retire...I don't see that happening, but...

I suppose that someone will probably collect the MWR cars because of the owners points to get a spot in Daytona and the first couple of races, but I'm not sure how that would work, either...if Five-Hour stays with Bowyer, which is possible, especially if Roush Feway adds a fourth team, then the 15 could stay as it is...and run with Biffle and help along Bayne and Stenhouse...

I guess David Ragan and the 55 car and Aaron's is up in the air...
(08-19-2015, 08:53 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]They say that Waltrip is going to run Daytona as he has an agreement with Maxwell House as sponsor, so he will need to get a car somewhere...

Word is that Bowyer could land a one year deal with Furniture Row and run next to the 78...but it wasn't clear to me how that would go down or what car he would have. That would allow him to wait out an open spot with someone, maybe SHR if Tony decides to retire...I don't see that happening, but...

I suppose that someone will probably collect the MWR cars because of the owners points to get a spot in Daytona and the first couple of races, but I'm not sure how that would work, either...if Five-Hour stays with Bowyer, which is possible, especially if Roush Feway adds a fourth team, then the 15 could stay as it is...and run with Biffle and help along Bayne and Stenhouse...

I guess David Ragan and the 55 car and Aaron's is up in the air...
I saw this MWR info as a rumor when you first posted it. Then FS1 announced it during the rain delay of the CWTS race! They ALSO said that Bowyer could be added to Furniture Row Racing as a 2nd car.
I think that would be a good move by FRR! Adding another top-tier driver to FRR could only help that organization, especially if he brings a major sponsor with him.
I would like to know what Aaron's will do with their sponsorship. I know they won't drop out of sponsoring a NASCAR team. They have been a big sponsor of NASCAR for many years now. Also, the 'Lucky Dog' is named that b/c of them! This upcoming offseason is sure to be exciting!
I thought the off-season would be pretty tame this year, but it's starting to look like it may get crazy!
As I said before, Ragan will easily get back in the #34 ride that he started the season with and Moffitt will be w/out a seat in that car. I can't wait to see where Aaron's ends up and what car/driver they will sponsor.

Who would've thought that MWR would bring the most drama for the 2016 NASCAR season?!!!

FINAL NOTE FROM ME... Smoke will not retire after this season! He might retire after the 2016 season, but he is not done yet, I think/hope. I am kind of surprised at my own response to that, but I don't think that he feels that he is done yet! I think he continues to race thru the 2017 or 2018 season. HOWEVER, the lawsuit against him may shorten that timeline.
Longtime sponsor Aaron’s reacts to Michael Waltrip Racing situation
Jerry Bonkowski Aug 19, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT

Aaron’s, a longtime sponsor of Michael Waltrip Racing, issued a statement late Wednesday afternoon in reaction of the news earlier in the day that MWR will not field a Sprint Cup team in 2016.

“We’ve had a great partnership with Michael Waltrip Racing for the past 15 years and they are like family to us.

“We want to thank the MWR family for their hard work, passion and competitive spirit. They have played an important role in helping us build the Aaron’s brand over the years.

“NASCAR will be an important part of our future and we are evaluating options for 2016 and beyond. However, our first priority is on making the rest of the season a great one!”