Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 3,000 post - Contest PART 3 CLOSED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, the first two parts of this contest have been easy. Now I am going to give a little more information about the overall contest, since I never said how long the contest would be nor did I say anything about the prize(s). The contest will be 4 parts, so if you already completed the first 2 parts then you are halfway done. Each part will be a little harder (or take a little more effort) than the previous part. However everyone that completes all 4 parts correctly will win a prize. I will do my best to match up prizes with what you collect based on your response to part 1. As for the prizes, I found a box full of various cards that I picked up over the past year. Some of these cards were simply cards I bought in order to get free shipping. Some of the cards are from box/pack breaks that I have done. I could list the cards for sale on eBay, Blowout, or ship them to COMC, but I would rather share them with fellow collectors that I know will appreciate them. I am not going to give out any further information on the prizes right now, but I will give a preview of some of the cards before the contest is over, and hopefully some of the winners will share pictures of the cards once they get them.

Now on to part 3...This is where the contest is going to take a little twist. The first 2 parts were about you and your collection, now this part will be about me and my collection. All you need to do is post a picture of a card that I want. You don't have to own the card, you just have to find a picture of it (Note: COMC has a ton of cards I need, and it's easy to post pictures from there). You will need to go to my wantlist (see the link in my signature below) to make sure it's a card that I want. You can post a card I need for a set, or you can find something I need from one of the players I collect (just be sure to check the list of cards I already have for the player before posting). Be careful, if you post a picture of a card I already have or don't need then your entry will not count. Now here are a couple rules/criteria for this part:
1) Do not post the same card that someone else posted.
2) Do not post a link to a site selling the card, just post the picture, as Beckett will delete the post if it links to a site selling the card

I just realized that I didn't put an end date for part 3. So far there are only 2 people who participated in part 2 and haven't done so for part 3 yet. The deadline will be this Saturday at 10pm EST, however if everyone completes sooner than that then I will go ahead and start part 4.
2013-14 Panini Bird's Eye View #4 Pau Gasol

[Image: Contest_zpsffuhdklt.jpg]
1993 Flair Wave of the Future #11
Brad Pennington

[Image: AE1F97AD-8112-4D8F-AA01-0B5799F73F35_zpsire9lbut.jpg]

(Side note I might have some of these, I'll go digging for ya)
2003 Topps Tribute Perennial All-Star Signing #GC Gary Carter Jsy

[Image: carter%20auto_zpsf3vb92nh.jpg]
1997 Flair Wave of the Future 11 David Ortiz

[Image: _12_zpsyeh60i4l.jpg]
(08-05-2015, 03:07 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: [ -> ]1997 Flair Wave of the Future 11 David Ortiz
[Image: _12_zpsyeh60i4l.jpg]
Funny thing is I just got this card, but hadn't updated my list online yet. Since it's still there I will give you the pass on this one, especially since it's from your bucket. That card is definitely one of the more undervalued David Ortiz rookie year cards.
(08-05-2015, 02:10 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]1993 Flair Wave of the Future #11
Brad Pennington
(Side note I might have some of these, I'll go digging for ya)
The funny thing about that set is that I really liked the Wave of the Future cards when they came out, however it was tougher and more expensive to put together insert sets back in the early 90s. It wasn't until I bought a collection a year ago and ended up with a bunch of these that I decided to put together the sets from each year.
(08-05-2015, 02:10 PM)aprirr Wrote: [ -> ]2003 Topps Tribute Perennial All-Star Signing #GC Gary Carter Jsy
[Image: carter%20auto_zpsf3vb92nh.jpg]
That is a great card. I have the relic version and would love to add that autograph version to my collection. Is it yours or did you just find a picture of it?
1984 Topps Traded Dwight Gooden!

[Image: 1-t5795430-500_zpslk0qhh4p.jpg]

Thanks! RJ
(08-05-2015, 03:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]1984 Topps Traded Dwight Gooden!
[Image: 1-t5795430-500_zpslk0qhh4p.jpg]
Thanks! RJ
Great choice. I actually have an autographed version, but still trying to land a regular one. It's one of those cards that whenever I consider buying one, I look at the price and then think why not just buy the boxed set for a little more. I think if I ever went to a show or shop and they had the card or set for a great price I would probably end up walking away with it. It's just one of those items that I always ponder over online, and end up finding other cards that I want more.
(08-05-2015, 03:22 PM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]That is a great card. I have the relic version and would love to add that autograph version to my collection. Is it yours or did you just find a picture of it?
It is from our HOF Auto PC, unfortunately. We also have the Kaline auto/GU from the same set. I must agree that they are really nice cards!
Pages: 1 2 3