Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How do you report a bad trader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does one go about reporting a bad trader on here? I started a trade on 6/16 and shipped my cards on 6/18 with delivery confirmation. Well here it is 7/9 and I still have not received the cards owed to me. The bad thing is we only live 7 miles apart. I offered to meet half way to exchange the cads to avoid shipping, but he didn't want to. I guess that should have been a red flag. The cards I sent him were delivered on 6/20. He completed all steps in the trade on 6/25, and messaged me that hopefully I had received mine already. To which I replied I had not. I have heard nothing else from him, even after attempting contact two more times. It shows his last login was today, but still nothing. How do I report all of this? His trade rating is 4.98, so I felt pretty confident trading with him. He now has 4 cards of mine 3 of which are autos, and I have nothing to show for it. Bummed out.
Report it to a mod so it can be dealt with here. Personally if I lived that close, I'd drive the 7 miles to their police dept and ask if they could look into it.
Yeah if you feel the trade value of the cards is worth the time of filing a police report I'd do that but only after warning the individual. I like to give people the benefit of a doubt and it hasn't been that long since the trade occurred so maybe there's some reason he hasn't contacted you back yet. I know it's not cool to login and not respond back but maybe he's looking into it. If you don't hear anything soon I wouldn't blame you for calling him out on the board so that way others can avoid the same situation. I wouldn't do it in a negative way but just a simple, "I did a trade with so and so and still haven't heard anything after numerous attempts".
Red flag #2: messaging someone saying they hoped you received your cards without it ever being brought up.

Did you get any tracking info?
No, and he never marked them as shipped either. Should I just drive over and whoop his behind?
(07-09-2015, 06:15 PM)Odyssey Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah if you feel the trade value of the cards is worth the time of filing a police report I'd do that but only after warning the individual. I like to give people the benefit of a doubt and it hasn't been that long since the trade occurred so maybe there's some reason he hasn't contacted you back yet. I know it's not cool to login and not respond back but maybe he's looking into it. If you don't hear anything soon I wouldn't blame you for calling him out on the board so that way others can avoid the same situation. I wouldn't do it in a negative way but just a simple, "I did a trade with so and so and still haven't heard anything after numerous attempts".
Thank you. The value of the trade was a little more than $30 each side. But at this point he has all $60 of the cards.
(07-09-2015, 06:50 PM)GoStros Wrote: [ -> ]No, and he never marked them as shipped either. Should I just drive over and whoop his behind?

Thank you. The value of the trade was a little more than $30 each side. But at this point he has all $60 of the cards.
Yup. You should. Who is the trader? Does he have a good number of trades on here?
Here is his Feedback:
US flag | Feedback Rating: 4.98 | Last Login: Jul 9th, 2015

FEEDBACK OVER TIME

30 days 90 days 365 days Lifetime Total %
Positive: 3 7 54 234 99.57%
Neutral: 0 0 0 1 0.43%
Negative: 0 0 0 0 0%
I say drive over there and kindly knock on their door.
If it is reasonable to go knock on the door you could ask local law enforcement for a civil standby. Basically they would just go with you and be onhand to keep the peace. And then if he refuses or whatever, you could at least get it on file with the police but they will more than likely tell you it's a civil matter. But, in theory, just police presence will motivate him to comply.
Yes, I have used civil standbys when serving eviction notices for a property management company. I am not to positive that they would do this for a $30 matter. But it is food for thought. My biggest worry would be his refusal leading me to lay hands on him. A police presence wold not be in my favor then.
I just did a quick check, and two of you that have responded to this thread have traded with this trader.
Pages: 1 2