Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Just about had it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... with Panini.

TL, DR: Eddie George redemption auto replaced with 6th-round WR from Wyoming

Bought a box of 2006 Contenders an got a redemption. Not the end of the world by any means, but I've sent in redemptions in the past and they've been kind enough to send a replacement or the genuine article.

The rest of the box was pretty bad. Best card was the redemp, otherwise it went to a Darryl Tapp rc auto. Not a bad player, but he's bounced around a bit. The other two didn't make it in the NFL.

The redmption was for an Eddie George auto /200. Fantastic card, in comparison to the others.

I asked Panini customer service via twitter if they could take care of it, and the reply was an instantaneous yes. I sent it in, knowing it would likely be a replacement, someone newer perhaps or a vet from another set. Or even some higher points to redeem as the card is valued around 40 and sells for at least 20.

I did not get any of those things.

I realize the product is from 2006, then bought in 2014, but with the willingness by them to redeem it I was encouraged.

It took 11 months and 1 week. A short time compared to some of you I'm sure, but this is what I received.

[Image: yp7d5x6c.jpg]

Robert Herron Prizm base non-numbered rookie auto.

Eddie George was taken 14th overall in the 1996 draft after winning the Heisman Trophy. He was the rookie of the year, 4x pro bowler, 10,000+ rushing yards and was inducted into the college football hall of fame in 2011.

Robert Herron was selected 185th last year and this base Prizm recently sold for $0.99.

I feel slapped in the face.
Send it back and say it's not kosher. I've seen others do that and actually get something better in return.
Youch....
Yep. A couple of months back I asked about a replacement for an $8 redemption (the auto hit of the box!) that I had waited almost a year for and requested an auto that they had listed on their weekly update sheet ... so I knew they had it.

They sent me a different card from the set that was worth $20, but I asked if they wouldn't mind sending me the $25 card I actually asked for.

They refused, because I guess it was worth it to them to make a point over a $5 discrepancy ("we're giving you a $20 card, OK?")

So, no more Panini for me, hope it was worth the $5!!!
Redemptions are sometimes like eating at a pot-luck.
WHAT the.....
I may be in the minority here but it was an expired redemption right? They could have told you to pound salt like Topps typically does. While I know the cards are not of equal value they could have not given you anything.
(07-07-2015, 05:49 PM)superg24742 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be in the minority here but it was an expired redemption right? They could have told you to pound salt like Topps typically does. While I know the cards are not of equal value they could have not given you anything.
That's what I initially thought when I opened the box, but their customer service department was quick (hours) to reply and said it would be no problem to get a redemption.

https://twitter.com/JRzepecki/status/488074064888487936

Social media can be a great tool sometimes, at least to back up a complaint.

I have sent an email to Panini, and will hope to get a response within the next week.
Good luck, keep us informed.
(07-07-2015, 02:09 PM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Send it back and say it's not kosher. I've seen others do that and actually get something better in return.
So it has to be a Jewish player to be acceptable? j/k. LOLOLOL.
(07-07-2015, 02:19 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. A couple of months back I asked about a replacement for an $8 redemption (the auto hit of the box!) that I had waited almost a year for and requested an auto that they had listed on their weekly update sheet ... so I knew they had it.

They sent me a different card from the set that was worth $20, but I asked if they wouldn't mind sending me the $25 card I actually asked for.

They refused, because I guess it was worth it to them to make a point over a $5 discrepancy ("we're giving you a $20 card, OK?")

So, no more Panini for me, hope it was worth the $5!!!
The entitlement is strong with this one. No J/k
Pages: 1 2