Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Getting Cards Graded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I recently have become interested in getting some of my higher end cards graded. I have never done it before and I am a little on the scared side since some of them are very high end.

I was told to come over to these forums, as a lot of basketball guys get their stuff graded and they would know what to do and what not to do.

Any advice would be great!
(07-02-2015, 06:52 PM)Ducks_Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I recently have become interested in getting some of my higher end cards graded. I have never done it before and I am a little on the scared side since some of them are very high end.

I was told to come over to these forums, as a lot of basketball guys get their stuff graded and they would know what to do and what not to do.

Any advice would be great!
I don't know where you are from. If you are in the US, I know some people prefer to get their ultra high end cards graded on site (at shows/some LCSs events). It's more expensive but some think it's worth it as it gives them peace of mind.
Regarding sending cards to get graded through the mail. There are a couple of collectors here with a lot of experience (PSA and BGS). I will let them explain the do's and don'ts of that option.
Yeah I am a complete noob to grading. I'm a big hockey collector; have been for years.

In regards to shows; what kind of price are we looking at?

Like I said; any information is welcome!

also check out the BGS forum
I have been getting my cards graded for a couple years now and I highly recommend it. I was a little nervous about sending them in as well. The only problem I have had with grading is a couple cases (out of the 100's I have had graded) were chipped in the mailing process. Other than that, no problems. I have sent a lot of my high end MJ cards in and have had no problems. They offer deals where if you submit say 50 cards you get certain discounts. If you want more information send me a PM.
If you ship, purchase tracking, insurance, and delivery confirmation for piece of mind.
Where are you located?
I live in California and here there's actually a few BGS Grading drop off Centers.
Also as someone else mentioned BGS Grading comes out do the Grading at Card Shops/Shows a few times a year.
There is a BGS on card show in Denver Aug 29th or so
(07-03-2015, 12:20 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been getting my cards graded for a couple years now and I highly recommend it. I was a little nervous about sending them in as well. The only problem I have had with grading is a couple cases (out of the 100's I have had graded) were chipped in the mailing process. Other than that, no problems. I have sent a lot of my high end MJ cards in and have had no problems. They offer deals where if you submit say 50 cards you get certain discounts. If you want more information send me a PM.
Group submissions are sometimes created to get better prices.
I realize now there hasn't been a group submission here in ages, has there?
(07-09-2015, 09:55 AM)Caffrey Wrote: [ -> ]Group submissions are sometimes created to get better prices.
I realize now there hasn't been a group submission here in ages, has there?
Jason, the guy who does the submissions on the basketball threads, has been busy. We both live in WA and are good friends. We are always talking about doing submissions but havent finalized anything. If there is interest I will let him know.