Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: One and done for Series 2 - no pics, not worth the effort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was at Target and wanted to open something, so I picked up one of the $10 hanger boxes.

I wasn't expecting much, but OUCH ... absolute garbage. I carry low expectations on these and even they weren't met. This didn't even warrant a picture.

Parallels - Jonathan Lucroy gold. Honestly, this was the best card of the entire box.

First pitch - Lars Ulrich. Really? In a set that includes Stan Lee and Chris Pratt I get this guy? Yuck.

Heart of the Order - Jose Canseco. Have we really sunk so low that Jose Canseco is still relevant. I can't think of a baseball player I dislike more than Jose.

Stepping Up - Corey Kluber. Damaged.

1st Home Run - Kershaw (PC) and Alex Gordon

Hot Streak - Chipper

AND I won at 1,000 worthless bunt coins

Base - No notable RCs, a Kershaw NL MVP (PC) and the 3 worst Twins cards you could hope for - Ervin Santana, Eduardo Nunez and Jordan Schafer.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting much, but even at $10 I feel ripped off.
ouch, ive got one of the $5 coupons for a blaster that i got from a series 1 blaster so i'll likely grab one at least....but i've never had much luck with the flagship product.
I bought one blaster of Series 1 and got the Trout coin so I stopped. I bought a couple of the hangers and that was about it. I'll just pick up the singles I want and call it a day. I'm actually mad at myself for buying this. Should've trusted my gut and gone with more Donruss.
Hey, the best hit of your box would have been the best hit for us! We need that one if it's available!
(06-20-2015, 11:42 AM)aprirr Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, the best hit of your box would have been the best hit for us! We need that one if it's available!
It definitely is. I'll add it to ORG.
I bought 1 Blaster of Series 2 and got the Babe Ruth Coin so I was happy with that! I did also get the Stan Lee 1st pitch card.
i got a blaster and a hangar today, the hangar pack was similar to your results but a yasmany tomas rc....blaster wasnt amazing but a lil better
Much agreed Topps flagship is just awful anymore. I would rather they put it on Heritage stock and even then with all the junk inserts and parallels I would still only buy factory sets.
I have several $5 off target coupons for series 2. I'll prob pick up a few to get some coin cards, but other than that, I'm done, too. So far, I picked up 2 series 2 blasters and 3 archive blasters. Not enjoying either, this year.
(06-21-2015, 02:12 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]I have several $5 off target coupons for series 2. I'll prob pick up a few to get some coin cards, but other than that, I'm done, too. So far, I picked up 2 series 2 blasters and 3 archive blasters. Not enjoying either, this year.
if youre doing the blaster medallion insert set i've got a cobb I was just going to toss on ebay.

sorry didnt mean to hijack....but cmon when the guaranteed manufactured hit is the best thing in the box it's pretty bad.

Pages: 1 2