Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2015 Bowman jumbo vs buying specific cards.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So needing some help here all. So thinking on getting a box of jumbo. I can prob get one from the bay for between 115-120. Free shipping. I have busted wax in about 3 weeks. So I have that itch.
Now my other question would be should I just spend that on personal guys. One I want is RodoN. That would guarantee my personal hit. And anyone else. Feedback please on helping decidE. Thanks.
You'll get more of what you want if you just buy singles. No suspense or thrill though. I always have this discussion with myself and the gambler always wins. Just my .02 cents.
Buy your Rodon auto or whatever of him then buy yourself a couple jumbo packs, blaster boxes, or a half dozen or so of packs to cure your itch. Have fun & good luck!
I go through this dilemma all the time, and if you try to get a certain card from a box, you will go broke. Bust a box if you want the unknown, buy the single off ebay if you like money.
I love the thrill of opening boxes, but I really don't see the point anymore unless you're a set builder. Prime example is 2015 Museum Collection. Box will cost you $180+ and I picked up my Matt Carpenter Logoman 1/1 Patch for $180. So basically even if you do hit a nice card, the chances of even breaking even is pretty rare and the chance of getting a hit you'll be happy with is even more rare.
thanks all. and yes, its the thrill of busting wax. and may just buy the Rodon and then couple jumbos at my lcs.
If you are specifically looking for a Rodon auto, you may as well just buy one off the 'bay. I actually just sold a Purple Refractor Rodon Auto on there for around the same price as a Jumbo box, if that helps put the pricing in perspective. Granted, you still can't beat the urge to open packs...That is the only reason I sold it, so I could use the money to buy another box haha.
Be careful buying wax on ebay. I'd buy from B.O. or something like that

That being said, I'd say go the singles route
Promise yourself you'll stop after one jumbo box and buy the Rodon later if you don't pull it.
The upside is with what cards have been selling for on Ebay, you could pick up Rodon for about $50-60 for a regular chrome auto. That would leave you with the cost of half a box to buy several other autos. If you are building the set, you could pick up 3-15 autos in the set for the cost of a Jumbo box. Since they just came out a short while ago, prices are still really low as case breakers are selling what they can to recoup their money.

The downside of not buying the box is you take away the chance for the "big hit". I always buy a case because I love busting wax. I always say I'm not buying any more cases and I'll just buy the singles. And I did stick to that for a while. But as another person stated, it is simply not as much fun.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do.
Pages: 1 2