Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1986-87 fleer prices soaring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else noticed that the eBay completed sale prices for cards from this set has skyrocketed in the last year? I've been tracking these for the last few years, and here is some examples comparing last year around this time to now:

Highest sale price for PSA 10, April 2014 vs 2015

Larry Bird: 725 vs 1237
Clyde Drexler: 221 vs 760
Joe Dumars: 209 vs 315
Akeem Olajuwon: 430 vs 1525
Larry Nance: 200 vs 322

Highest sale price for BGS 9.5, April 2014 vs 2015

Larry Bird: 300 vs 520
Akeem Olajuwon: 325 vs 600
Patrick Ewing: 360 vs 758

It also seems like the shear volume of eBay sales of PSA cards has increased. Obviously that is partly due to there being more and more graded cards with time.
Well I have the set.
There is some discussion on this topic on the cu forum as well.
(05-03-2015, 02:26 PM)altz11 Wrote: [ -> ]There is some discussion on this topic on the cu forum as well.
I was not aware of that forum until now, thanks. They have a thread from around February that mentioned it. And another thread from August talking about increased prices for the PSA packs. Still no clue as to why. Someone did mention that PSA made a change in how they grade gum packs, but I'm not sure what that change was.

(05-03-2015, 01:42 PM)stwainfan Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have the set.
Awesome, how did you get yours?
(05-04-2015, 12:32 AM)hercules21 Wrote: [ -> ]I was not aware of that forum until now, thanks. They have a thread from around February that mentioned it. And another thread from August talking about increased prices for the PSA packs. Still no clue as to why. Someone did mention that PSA made a change in how they grade gum packs, but I'm not sure what that change was.

Awesome, how did you get yours?
I ordered it online. Paid a good price lol. I just wanted it.
I hadn't really been paying attention, but it makes me wish I had already gotten a high grade Karl Malone RC. I have a PSA8 and have wanted to upgrade to a 10, but just never made it a high priority as there were always other cards I wanted instead.
I let my BGS 8.5 Jordan RC go for $1,350 the other day.
(05-04-2015, 12:32 AM)hercules21 Wrote: [ -> ]I was not aware of that forum until now, thanks.
Someone did mention that PSA made a change in how they grade gum packs, but I'm not sure what that change was.

Your welcome, it's a good forum with a lot of knowledgable collectors.

As far as I know, psa completely stopped grading wax packs if the gum was broke or loose in the packs. They'd only grade packs where the gum was whole and stuck to the card. However, they have recently started grading wax packs again no matter what condition or position the gum was in. Those are the only changes I am aware of for psa pack grading.
I purchased my Clyde PSA 10 for $220 earlier this year.
That $700 sale was a Pwcc sale! Clearly bid up by the consigner

(05-09-2015, 05:09 AM)dale12 Wrote: [ -> ]I purchased my Clyde PSA 10 for $220 earlier this year.
That $700 sale was a Pwcc sale! Clearly bid up by the consigner
There have been 2 more Clyde sales in the 600s in the past couple weeks...
Pages: 1 2