Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Shill city
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hartline 2014 Immaculate letterman "E" 8/8

Spent total of $55 on 2 other ones this ones close to $70 with a bidder that has over 15 entries on it. The bidder has 56% bids with seller. First time I've been mad enough to call it out but it sucks because these letters are my #1 chaser.

There is a legit bidder bc I recognize him from the other 2 I won, but this guy with 40 feedback just keeps crawling up the bid to get it close to the other guys max. Super fishy. He's done it like 3-4 times.

I won it anyway Smile nice try

Report it to Ebay
Aw man, that sucks!
(04-18-2015, 11:38 AM)bbniner80 Wrote: [ -> ]Report it to Ebay
I've been there and done that, eBay plays dumb on these issues. Confused Anyone else have any input on these type of things?
Shill or no shill, from heaven to hell, from the beginning to the end. NOTHING stands in my path when it comes to #1 chaser..spent $20 more than the other 2 I have combined. But you'll have that. I think it's funny that somebody thought that they were finally getting one...NOPE Smile
I just dealt with a loser from Russia who has a feedback of 2, bid on an item I was after 34 times, had the high bid, then retracted right before the auction was over. 84 retractions in a month, 238 in the past six months. They dont try to even hide it anymore
(04-18-2015, 08:29 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: [ -> ]Shill or no shill, from heaven to hell, from the beginning to the end. NOTHING stands in my path when it comes to #1 chaser..spent $20 more than the other 2 I have combined. But you'll have that. I think it's funny that somebody thought that they were finally getting one...NOPE Smile
At the end of the day, that's what matters. If you're a die hard collector price is only an issue when it's absurd. When I come for a Marino card that I don't currently have I bring the hammer. If I end up losing it's because someone took out a second mortgage Wink
When I first started selling on ebay, a guy in my town was bidding on a few of my items, and I got accused of shilling. The funny part was he never retracted a bid, and won as many as he lost. Long story short, ebay lost my business for a few years.
(04-18-2015, 10:35 PM)duch2izback Wrote: [ -> ]I just dealt with a loser from Russia who has a feedback of 2, bid on an item I was after 34 times, had the high bid, then retracted right before the auction was over. 84 retractions in a month, 238 in the past six months. They dont try to even hide it anymore
I know, and it sucks bc I mainly buy Hartlines on my ebay, so anybody can quickly check completed sales and connect the dots...
(04-19-2015, 07:53 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: [ -> ]At the end of the day, that's what matters. If you're a die hard collector price is only an issue when it's absurd. When I come for a Marino card that I don't currently have I bring the hammer. If I end up losing it's because someone took out a second mortgage Wink
Haha that's great. That happened 2 months ago when immaculate came out, I already bought a logo patch /10 for $70 and another came up I wanted. Didn't get it but it went for around $120. I laughed a little.
(04-19-2015, 10:16 AM)kens05goat Wrote: [ -> ]When I first started selling on ebay, a guy in my town was bidding on a few of my items, and I got accused of shilling. The funny part was he never retracted a bid, and won as many as he lost. Long story short, ebay lost my business for a few years.
I understand...that would suck.

I don't immeaditily think shill, but there was one guy bidding with reasonable feedback and another guy with low. The real buyer put a max bid and then the shiller kept bidding in 2-3 dollar increments until it reached over a dollar or 2, then this happened 4 more times. You could see on the time stamps that he bid a dollar over and no activity until the other bidder put in, why not just put in a max bid??
(04-18-2015, 10:35 PM)duch2izback Wrote: [ -> ]They dont try to even hide it anymore
They don't need to, unfortunately.