Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What are you thoughts on UD Inscriptions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple singles on the way. Just curious if anyone else bought/busted any?
(04-06-2015, 05:59 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a couple singles on the way. Just curious if anyone else bought/busted any?
I thought about buying a box or two, but haven't yet. Just a lot of dud rookies out there. People are really only into Winston, Mariota, Gurley, and Gordon. That's a small percentage of players to try and pull out of a box that only has 4 cards in it. It also looks like quite a few of the high-end autos have already been pulled. I think that's why Dave & Adam's Card World already has the individual boxes on sale for like $20 off of their previous price.

That being said, I think it's pretty cool that they had personalized signatures from each player and that adds a little flair to those cards that you don't get with most autographed cards. However, that also makes it much more difficult for graders to grade the autograph and more of a chance for it to get graded down.

I would have rather seen them be a little more selective of who they had do the autographs, made a few more tiers, and then raised the price up just a bit.

Just my $.02
Bought a Michael Bennett auto on the cheap - doubt he gets drafted. Now is the time to by singles, though - pre-draft.

I know who Bennett is - I've watched him for YEARS. Let's say he gets drafted by the Cowboys in the 5th round and ESPN runs his highlight - card sells for double or triple.

HOWEVER - the inscriptions are AWFUL! I saw a Maryland player spelled Terrapins wrong on his card....and a player write 2nd team Conference. Come on. That's the red auto? The sp? Crap.
(04-06-2015, 09:36 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]Bought a Michael Bennett auto on the cheap - doubt he gets drafted. Now is the time to by singles, though - pre-draft.

I know who Bennett is - I've watched him for YEARS. Let's say he gets drafted by the Cowboys in the 5th round and ESPN runs his highlight - card sells for double or triple.

HOWEVER - the inscriptions are AWFUL! I saw a Maryland player spelled Terrapins wrong on his card....and a player write 2nd team Conference. Come on. That's the red auto? The sp? Crap.
Mis-spellings just add to the flair of it, IMHO. Some like it, some don't. Hell, some of the nicest cards out there have mis-spelled words from back in the day.

It's just really hard to know who's going to really be worth anything outside of the main guys I listed above. Those are the 4 biggest names in the draft. You might be able to throw Amari Cooper in that mix too, but I'd say he's the next tier down after those four.