Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: baseball draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so im #2 pick in my big money league baseball pool tonight ,its a 12 team league.was just trying to get some input into who i should pick,any help would be great
I'd go Kershaw because Trout will go first.
I have never played and have no clue about the scoring system. How are points acquired (if that's the correct terminology)?
If you take Kershaw at #2, you'll just be donating your money. Focus on balanced offensive players (guys that can hit for power, average, can steal you some bags, score and drive in runs) in the first two rounds, after that, do what you want.

Edit: By "do what you want" i mean select a balanced team, but never select a pitcher more two rounds in a row, same for offensive players.

Also, this is my rotisserie league strategy, i don't know if your league is head-to-head or auction or what....so this advice may not work in your league's format. IDK never played head-to-head in baseball.
(04-04-2015, 04:44 PM)wordsense Wrote: [ -> ]If you take Kershaw at #2, you'll just be donating your money. Focus on balanced offensive players (guys that can hit for power, average, can steal you some bags, score and drive in runs) in the first two rounds, after that, do what you want.
thats what im thinking no need to grab the best pitcher in rd#1

(04-04-2015, 04:53 PM)ounagi Wrote: [ -> ]thats what im thinking no need to grab the best pitcher in rd#1

well, he'll definitely go in the first round, as well he should, but not at #2. You can build a good enough pitching staff to win without passing up all the best offensive players in round one.
(04-04-2015, 04:40 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]I have never played and have no clue about the scoring system. How are points acquired (if that's the correct terminology)?
its a ton of fun matt but cost me $290 with the exchange rate lol basic scoring

single 1 point
double 2 points
and so on
steals 3 points
error -1
pitching
strikeout 1 point
walk -1
1 point for every batter u get out
5 points win
-2 loss
and i think not sure 5 pts quility start
Ahhhh, I see. So I'm assuming that because of the 5 point win thing you go head to head every week with another player? Or was that 5 points for your starting pitcher's win?
(04-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhhh, I see. So I'm assuming that because of the 5 point win thing you go head to head every week with another player? Or was that 5 points for your starting pitcher's win?
starting pitcher win and u start 5 per week based on a 7 day week mon-sun
The #2 spot is the worst spot to be in this year in my opinion. Trout is heads above everyone else and many can be argued for #2
That being said, I think a case could be made for kershaw, if you felt he would equal or come very close to last years numbers. Personally, I'd go abreu at #2. Wouldn't be bad to go with Goldie, cutch either. I'm staying away from miggy personally. I think he'll be solid, but far from two years ago.
Pages: 1 2