Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What is your breakdown? Sticker vs On Card autos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know we compare sticker versus on card autos from time to time.

1) Do you have a preference?
2) What is a rough percentage breakdown of each in your collection?

My answer
1) I do prefer on card autos. I try to keep myself disciplined to only buy on card autos and thus helps me not to buy as many cards. However, I do appreciate when the card company tries to hide the sticker into the design and make it not so obvious.

2) My Defensive Player Collection has 20 autos.
On Card - 17
Sticker & Cut Auto - 3

On Card = 85 %
I prefer On card ... but have a ton of each
I prefer on card, but don't mind stickers ... either way, it's not like you got to hang out with the player and have him sign it for you.
I've got a lot of both. Out of my 276 autos, I'd like to say that about a third of them are on card, but I've not sat down and actually counted them. Thankfully, 3 of the big names I've got are on card (have a Five Star auto of Favre, Rodgers, and Starr ).
I think I am missing something in my count.... but this is what I have for Marino...

On Card 50
Sticker 47
Other 7

I never really cared. Its all about the card for me.
I definitely prefer on-card as it means the player actually touched the card. However I am not that finicky.
(03-23-2015, 11:16 AM)jeremy7269 Wrote: [ -> ]I know we compare sticker versus on card autos from time to time.

1) Do you have a preference?
2) What is a rough percentage breakdown of each in your collection?

My answer
1) I do prefer on card autos. I try to keep myself disciplined to only buy on card autos and thus helps me not to buy as many cards. However, I do appreciate when the card company tries to hide the sticker into the design and make it not so obvious.

2) My Defensive Player Collection has 20 autos.
On Card - 17
Sticker & Cut Auto - 3

On Card = 85 %
The idea that there is a difference is a red herring. An auto is an auto. PERIOD. The attempt by many to try and create a market in order to cause price or value differentiation due to an auto type is biased manipulation.
It's like saying, " Awww man...my Luck auto is a sticker....that sucks" while taking away the fact that the pull was 1 in 3500!!! WTH?
For all those out there who are trying to create this division, get the hell out of the Hobby you whiners. For the rest of us, We'll take whatever auto we can get with glee and appreciation.

I prefer on card but I really don't mind stickers as long as it blends well with the card. Some you really have to look close to see if it's a sticker or not. However most stand out like a sore thumb. Not sure of the exact numbers but I would say I'm at about 60-70% on card autos.
I own mostly sticker autographs but as others mentioned here, I appreciate it more when companies make efforts to disguise the fact that it's a sticker auto. Looking at Topps Finest, their 2010 release did an excellent job by recessing the auto just like the patch. Future releases did away with that which I think is a step back in product design.

(03-23-2015, 04:48 PM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: [ -> ]The idea that there is a difference is a red herring. An auto is an auto. PERIOD.
Should there be a premium on patches? Grades? If an auto is just an auto, a card is just a card. They should all cost .99 with free shipping.
Pages: 1 2 3