Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Looking for some opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently had the luck of picking up a Henry Jordan cut autograph from one of the Leaf sets. Having died in 1977, his autographs are a little tougher to come by. In addition, the only certified cut auto with a picture of him that I am aware of is from 2011 National Treasures and has a print run of 5 so I'm not likely to find one of those.

[Image: DSC02011_zps7ebccd21.jpg]

I'm not very big on the cut autograph cards that don't have a picture of the player on them. Most of the ones Leaf puts out are pretty dull in my opinion, so I decided to design a new card front to put over the top.

[Image: DSC02009_zpsbfd8e457.jpg]

Now I haven't talked myself into actually cracking the case open and attaching the new front to the card because the card has a bit more value than the typical $5 and under certified auto cards that I use for my custom cut Packers autos. I might get to that point, but for now I'm fine with just having the new front on the case.

Anyway, what I'm looking for are just some thoughts on the design. Sorry for the in depth analysis on my reasoning, but thanks for reading & I look forward to your opinions.
picture is fine...border needs work
(02-11-2015, 04:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]picture is fine...border needs work
Thanks! Only had an X-Acto knife and straight edge to work with on the auto window. Once I decide on what I'm doing for sure I'll get a better copy made. Definitely need a sharper blade and maybe some thicker card stock for a cleaner cut. Thanks for the feedback!
oh, wasnt talking about the cut, more the plainness of color.
(02-11-2015, 05:01 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]oh, wasnt talking about the cut, more the plainness of color.
Oh gotcha. Had been thinking about adding some scrollwork or something, but hadn't given color a whole lot of thought. I'll play around with that a bit on photoshop tonight. Thanks!
please do not crack the case. please.
It looks cool - agree that the border could be more interesting, but I like the picture and the general design

And I concur with not opening the case
(02-11-2015, 05:41 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]It looks cool - agree that the border could be more interesting, but I like the picture and the general design

And I concur with not opening the case
Thanks! Yeah, I'm not in any rush to crack the slab open and likely won't do it at all. I can display it with the custom front on top of the case and keep my eyes open for one with a picture to come along. Then the slabbed one is still around for someone else to have and enjoy.
I think it's an awesome idea to place your custom design over the case...I personally would think a green border, with fancy gold letters would look amazing Smile Just my opinion. Though I do like a sharp white too, sometimes the simple designs make everything else stand out.
Depending on space requirements, you could embed it in a 5x7 or 8x10 picture frame/shadow box, cut a rectangle out to show the sig cut, then have your own design around the rest.
Pages: 1 2