Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Exquisite disappointment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I hit the motherload when I purchased the last two boxes of an Upper Deck Exquisite case after seeing the first box opened and no MJ or LeBron.
I was wrong. I didn't get a LeBron, but I did have three decent hits after three terrible rookies.
The decent hits were:
Julius Erving shadowbox autograph
Jerry West Endorsements on-card autograph 4/10
And the hit of the two boxes ...
LEGACY COLLECTION ON-CARD MICHAEL JORDAN AUTOGRAPH 5/23
Other cards were Vince Carter auto /99, Darrell Griffith and George Gervin (I do not know how they got in this set) autos /99. Steve Fisher Blackboard /40.
Amazingly, LeBron autos are in 95 percent of the cases. These are hand-packed. I expected more, but the Jordan is sweet. I guess I could have pulled a redemption that couldn't be redeemed. The Jordan card is on the CardsInfinity Facebook page. Just posted it.
i have the best Gervin Collection East of the statue of Liberty.any way i could grab the one you got?
(02-03-2015, 03:22 AM)cvfaris Wrote: [ -> ]"decent" hit: dr j auto
George Gervin (I do not know how they got in this set)
Exquisite disappointment: got a jordan auto
im shaking my damn head at you right now

if you just wanted a lebron auto, just buy a single so we dont have to hear you whine about being disappointed by jordan, the doc, et. holy dear lord, some folk....
Sweetness
I should have just bought the Lebron. You are right. The Jordan is very nice, but $720? My point, and this isn't whining, is these are hand-packed to make sure you don't get hosed. How does this happen? Dr. J signs everything. His autos go for nothing. Oh well, you gamble and this is what you get.
If you get a Michael Jordan autograph, you don't qualify as getting hosed is what Jacoby was getting at.

The person that hand packed your box/case was like, "Well, since I gave him a Michael Jordan auto he won't be upset he didn't get a LeBron auto."
(02-03-2015, 07:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]If you get a Michael Jordan autograph, you don't qualify as getting hosed is what Jacoby was getting at.

The person that hand packed your box/case was like, "Well, since I gave him a Michael Jordan auto he won't be upset he didn't get a LeBron auto."
bingo

though the george gervin thing is sticking in my craw. doesnt even belong in there....

im praying you are under 25.
No. Not under 25 … 46. I just don't see Gervin in the same class as some of the big names in this set. Again, my point is the money. You could have thrown in a Bird or Russell in place of the Gervin or Darrell Griffith.
I am not disagreeing that I should just buy the Lebron, which I will do. They are all over the place for less money.
Here is the MJ. It is sweet.
hey, if you dont want that gervin auto or dr j...id gladly take them :p

(actually, id love to see the erving)
I will post them either late tonight or early tomorrow. They are both shadowboxes. And thanks for the advice. It is risk-reward with this product.