Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Why wasn't this Michael Jordan card graded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I submitted a bunch of cards all were graded with no problems except my fleer retro MJ auto. If you look up the serial # 8479878 it says service was not available. I pulled this myself from a hobby case and of course it has the fleer authentication info on the back of the card. Any ideas why Beckett wouldn't grade this card? The card has never been touched, opened and put in a one touch case and is w/o a doubt mint or better.
Hey man what year was the card?
(01-29-2015, 11:19 PM)y2hood Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man what year was the card?
2012-13
There's several 2012-13 Fleer Retro auto MJ cards in the Beckett database. I wonder if this set has a high instance of forgery and is on their "Submit to JSA first" list.
Fleer Autographs with questionable embossments (1992-93 Scottie Pippin, Tony Gwynn, Steve Young, etc.)
Fleer Autographs missing factory serial numbering (because of the influx of unsigned blank auto cards due to the Fleer bankruptcy sale)
Any key player Fleer/Skybox Autographs that were issued without factory-stamped serial numbers, regardless of embossments (including Skybox Autographics)

Not sure if it falls under those examples. found here: http://www.beckett.com/grading/jsa_auth_services