Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Is this Kobe a high grade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 4F84C761-6FCA-4174-8128-4BED79D61055_zpsiphf0ibh.jpg]
It's kinda hard to tell fom the scan. I'd probably say no. The top left corner looks very rounded, the bottom left corner has a smidge of white showing (yes a smidge). There seems to be some minor chipping along the right edge.

fyi, the last BGS 9.5 of this card sold on ebay for 23.64. so if you were thinking about sending it in to be graded it may just be easier to buy a high grade copy and save yourself the fees and such.

Hope that helps!

^ What he said. This may provide some useful insight:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1524015.html

Some of the tips/pointers may be excessive, but if you want to grade your own cards before ever sending them in, it provides excellent instructions.

If you're asking about a card grade, it's difficult to determine many factors with the card still inside a sleeve and toploader.
Thanks I hope this is a better photo.
[Image: 5589260A-C092-4412-88FE-FCE54E799C15_zpsmw0dcp1u.jpg]
Soft corner upper right with white showing chipping down the right side just above his ear so you get a downgrade on corners and edges imo it's not a 9.5 ( but I have been wrong before ) just once I think lol
The article is informative but imo most of it is uneccesary. I've never used any of the tools he recommends except for a loupe, and I've only used a loupe once. wiping the surface of a card with a Kleenex is about the extent of me cleaning my cards. I think just using yours eyes and gaining knowledge and experience by practicing grading and submitting cards are the best tools you can have.

Second photo is actually better. Could be in 9 range.
Keep in mind that for a 9 to be possible one of the subgrades can be as low as 8.5. So with that being said, if the corners get an 8.5 or better I think the card will grade a 9. I think the corners (top right corner) is the weakest subgrade. The chipping on right edge looks minor and could still fall into mint category.

8.5 imo. There's tons of samples out there to compare/gauge grade with. I own a BGS 9.5,
I can post a scan if you'd like.
Top right corner looks a little soft, seems to be a touch of white there. Could be the picture but that's what it looks like.