Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Purpose of having registry private?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you know I have an MJ registry, and I just now noticed that the person who is in 1st place on the registry is private. I could never see his name, registry or any of that info. I just clicked on the "leading registry" button and saw his registry name but couldn't see his registry because it said it was private.

Anyway, I was just curious to know why someone would want their registry private?

I am not sure. That seems sort of weird. Maybe the person who owns the registry does not know it is private. I am currently 6th on the MJ registry and want any opportunity to show it off.
I assume they're extremely modest people and don't want to show off their wares...in case anyone has their home address (nickm and I have traded many times, if he weren't clear across the country I would've ransacked his place a long time ago Wink )
(01-22-2015, 06:46 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]I assume they're extremely modest people and don't want to show off their wares...in case anyone has their home address (nickm and I have traded many times, if he weren't clear across the country I would've ransacked his place a long time ago Wink )
He might not want the attention on him. I might even know the guy as I know a super collector with all kinds of crazy cards. Last time I checked I believe he owns 17 of the 23 Auto's of the SP Minor League Baseball Auto cards. His Babe Ruth cut Auto collection is sick as well. I think he might own one of each. Even his Jeter collection is crazy he owns 5 cards I can only dream about that I want. He is my friend so I would not tell you his name either as he likes to keep private.
(01-22-2015, 07:04 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: [ -> ]He might not want the attention on him. I might even know the guy as I know a super collector with all kinds of crazy cards. Last time I checked I believe he owns 17 of the 23 Auto's of the SP Minor League Baseball Auto cards. His Babe Ruth cut Auto collection is sick as well. I think he might own one of each. Even his Jeter collection is crazy he owns 5 cards I can only dream about that I want. He is my friend so I would not tell you his name either as he likes to keep private.

That's cool.
Frankly, I don't care about his name but wouldn't mind seeing his jordan registry lol.
(01-22-2015, 06:46 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]I assume they're extremely modest people and don't want to show off their wares...in case anyone has their home address (nickm and I have traded many times, if he weren't clear across the country I would've ransacked his place a long time ago Wink )
Haha that makes me feel safe Smile I honestly have thought about that before though. You know what cards I have and have my address. Please dont get any ideas haha.