Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: YAARRRR!!! A Whale Be Landed In These Seas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day, Beckett Community!

The mail has been coming in full tilt, and I have been reaping the rewards of the outstanding kindness of the members of both these forums, and the football forums. I participated in the Secret Santa dealings over on the football forums this past Christmas, and received my package today. WOW!!! I know that most of you don't know the value of those cards there, but let's say that they are invaluable to my Son!

As for hockey cards... I have been able to track down a few wants over the past couple of weeks.

Traders

[Image: CCF_0211_zpsieqggwgs.jpg][Image: CCF_0212_zpsgnozszt7.jpg][Image: CCF_0213_zpswnglyymb.jpg][Image: CCF_0214_zps5l3wtxim.jpg][Image: CCF_0225_zpstuo6knaq.jpg]

Pseudo PC

[Image: CCF_0215_zps8ckv39or.jpg][Image: CCF_0218_zpsharhiq3k.jpg][Image: CCF_0217_zpsi5lhjpfk.jpg][Image: CCF_0216_zpsfsj6cbdj.jpg]

I really like the look of these Championship Rings cards from BD, and I am wanting to start a PC of them... but it would not be too hard to wrestle them away from me, as I have enough PC's going on as it is. Haha!

Top 6 Pick Ups

2013-14 Black Diamond Emerald-Jaroslav Halak #7/10

[Image: CCF_0221_zps4zvig8fj.jpg]

I got this one in a trade with new trader, Claudio(claudioop). Very easy to deal with and great trader! Thank you!

2013-14 Score Red Back-Brendan Gallagher

[Image: CCF_0223_zps1pl0lxon.jpg][Image: CCF_0228_zpsorx7xzvf.jpg]

This one came from a trade with Gerry (work2832)... one of many over the past couple of months. He seems to know where to get the cards that I want, and always likes what I have to offer. Flawless trades!

2003-04 McDonald's Pacific Patches Gold-Jose Theodore #34/100

[Image: CCF_0226_zpstj9jmca0.jpg]

I saw this in the case at my LCS and he wanted $10 for it. If you have the OPG go and look up the BV of this bad-boy! Those two attributes are the only reason that this card is #4 and not lower.

2009-10 Between The Pipes Homegrown Silver-Jaroslav Halak #/9

[Image: CCF_0220_zpsc4qcrv6z.jpg]

Mark (heaterhabs) and I have been working on this trade for a little while and finally came up with a resolve. He got some Galchenyuk cards out of me, and I landed a couple of stellar Halak items out of him. The stock of this card boasts a 100pt run, but the seam that is just spewing from the window dictates that it needs to sit in a 130pt One Touch!

That seam so fat the card's jersey window has stretch marks!

BURN!!!

2007-08 SP Game Used Spectrum-Jaroslav Halak #6/25

[Image: CCF_0219_zpssfkurxii.jpg]

The second card from the trade with Mark is a bit better than #3 due to the fact that I like UD WAY better than ITG. That, and I have only seen another copy of this card once. On eBay. For $280! Yikes! I thought that I would never land this biggie, but Mark proved me wrong.

1986-87 O-Pee-Chee-Patrick Roy RC

[Image: CCF_0222_zpsmgugsli7.jpg]

Now THIS is a thing of beauty!!! You know how I spent two years looking for that BAP Halak RC? Well I have been looking for this card since I was a kid collecting hockey cards! This truly is the whale that I have wanted above and beyond all other cards, and I don't think that I could have gotten a better deal! I traded some very decent traders for this at my LCS, but the guy was more than willing to trade down for what I wanted. The condition is simply amazing, and it could easily fetch an 8.5 grading... maybe 9.5 if the centering wasn't so brutal. Other than that, this card is in amazing shape!

Well there you have it. My trades over the past couple of weeks have been nothing but pleasure, and I have been able to wield some great stuff for my PC's and traders. So thank you to all that I have had the pleasure to deal with! It is always nice to get those yellow bubble mailers in the mailbox, and I hope that I am able to keep it up.

See anything that you like? You know what to do. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
nice pickups
some beautiful cards there, and the Roy is awesome!! congrats on the amazing additions.
Nice Roy! If you get it graded it will be a beauty!
That Emerald Halak is Awesome!!! I love the design on those. Congrats on the Sweet pickups.
Great pick ups!!!
Awesome Pickups.
Great OPC Roy! It's beautiful! Congratulations.
Great cards Randi, I like the SP Game Used Halak rc parallel and the Patrick Roy OPC rookie. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Chris
Nice Halaks! Those two from Heaterhabs (Homegrown #/9, and Spectrum #/25) both originally came from my collection! Nice to see them end up in a great home!
Pages: 1 2