Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I have a dumb 1/1 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure how many 1/1s in total I have, maybe 50 in inventory (sell/trade stuff), just bought 3 Marcus Allen 1/1 (a smaller pc of mine and found a 2013 and 2014 certified black for sale), around 10 in my Steve Young collection, and then for Tony Gonzalez I have 1/1 #178 and #179 on the way.

Personally I only count the cards labeled 1/1, although there is nothing wrong with people collecting eBay 1/1's, and I will go after them at times. I have no problems with the term eBay 1/1 either to refer to these cards (first, last & jersey number), and find it strange that it bothers so many. It seems a pretty simple concept to me, and these cards do often sell for more.

I don't count lettermen cards or like (Nike example above), not numbered 1/1, topps vault cards not numbered 1/1 (which they only do on the year of release, past years never get the 1/1, but in 99% of the cases, are still the only one release), or other border line cards, like I have a few factory file replacements (not numbered) of pack 1/1s.

If it was released by a licensed company, is marked 1/1, and is different (in any way), its a 1/1......in my opinion. Having said that, not sure if leaf best sketch cards are licensed, I am guessing not, and I do count them.

Pages: 1 2