Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: BGS Mailday 12/15/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These just arrived this morning:
[Image: 2014-12-15%2011.15.55_zpsbrupejja.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-15%2011.15.33_zpsk9rea8d9.jpg]

I kinda figured they'd all be 9.5s, just surprised that there wasn't a single 10 subgrade. I'll probably crack the 9 to see if I can figure out why it'd have a lower surface grade, but this was the last one I submitted and it's my own fault. Centering left-right is great, but top-bottom dragged it down (pretty close on the border size, just not how it's considered centered):
[Image: 2014-12-15%2011.16.39_zps9ue41fvn.jpg]

Everything but the Kemp is FS /FT.
Sweet! I need the new heights and hardwood leaders for my collection. New heights is one of my favorite inserts.
Those early Fleer stickers are shocking for top/bottom centering!
Sweetness
no dangit I need the new heights! haha great grades though man you have a good eye!
(12-15-2014, 01:40 PM)altz11 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet! I need the new heights and hardwood leaders for my collection. New heights is one of my favorite inserts.
I agree with your assessment! New Heights is a great-looking card..early Flair is underrated and had some of the prettiest cards out there.

(12-15-2014, 03:38 PM)dale12 Wrote: [ -> ]Those early Fleer stickers are shocking for top/bottom centering!
I think I have an entire set of 88-89 Fleer that's 90/10 on both borders, but back then it mattered less. The sticker was centered left-right and the backside was seemingly perfect, which is an achievement in itself; I neglected to look any further.

(12-15-2014, 03:40 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: [ -> ]Sweetness
Indeed!

(12-15-2014, 07:05 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]no dangit I need the new heights! haha great grades though man you have a good eye!
Well someone send an offer already Tongue This is my first submission of cards that wasn't sent primarily for JSA cert and encapsulation, and I really only sent cards that I thought could be 10s (except the Pippen which has lost so much value that it needed graded to try to recoup something and the Kemp which was already RCR 9.5). That and I have far too many Crusade cards just sitting around doing me no good...figured I'd start small and just keep using the resultant cards to fund larger submissions so we'll see how that goes.

For me it's easier to try and find the 10 than it is to try and negotiate the numbers to try and find the 9.5 so the next step is to try and pick those out.
I was very selective condition-wise on my first submission as well. I've become less-so since. It's more about getting my nicer stuff slabbed. Anything PC and of reasonable rarity/value ($10+ for Mitch, $25+ for MJ, any dream team auto) I want 8.5+ but I make exceptions, like my immaculate Mitch veteran patch auto /25 (super rare, and many came out with rough corners and edges) and my 95-96 MJ topps mystery finest refractor (pulled it as a kid, didn't take care of the surface and it was badly centered to begin with, but still a big $$$ card for me anyway!)

I'll be on the lookout for nice Pippens to get that MJ from you!