Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1 Box of 1991 Pinnacle: McGwire, Marinovich, Nagle, scans!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a sealed box of 1991 Score Pinnacle at an antique store not to far from my house for $15 and decided to roll the dice. Man collation was terrible back then. Getting 3-4 copies of the same card in a box, though I wouldn't be complaining had they been Emmitt Smith ones Smile.

It's interesting to me who they included in their rookie checklist. Atlanta gets 4 rookies, Bruce Pickens (1st, 3rd overall)
, Mike Pritchard (1st round, 13th pick), Moe Gardner (4th, 87th overall), and Erric Pegram (6th, 145th overall) but no Brett Favre as a 2nd round QB. But Brad Goebel, an undrafted rookie FA for the Eagles, gets a card while QB Craig Erickson, 5th round pick for the Eagles, doesn't.

Anyways, on to the hits!

Emmitt Smith (1), Ed McCaffrey (1), Montana (2), Marino (1), Elway (2), Barry Sanders (1), Young (3), Aikman (2).

Everything but the McCaffrey is FT. Also if anyone is looking for base from this set, let me know and I can list it.

Love the old school breaks!!!
What great design! Action shot and head shot set to a black background! Beautiful 90s cardboard!
(11-29-2014, 11:49 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the old school breaks!!!
Thanks! I always try to do a couple a year just for fun.

(11-30-2014, 12:28 AM)demondukk Wrote: [ -> ]What great design! Action shot and head shot set to a black background! Beautiful 90s cardboard!
Agreed, I wound up making some customs with a few modifications I might try to send out for TTM auto requests depending on how my last batch does.

Brought back my childhood
this was one of the first products I chased as a kid. I still have the original Emmitt Smith from when I opened it in the early 90s. One of my favorite products ever for its sheer simplicity yet cutting edge design. The only other comparison from that era to me was Fleer Ultra.

About 7 years ago, I went on an ebay binge and bought 2 or 3 of these boxes again for fun at $10 a box. I knew the gold in there. McCaffrey rookie, and those sweet base cards of marino, montana, elway, aikman, young, emmitt, sanders, etc....I couldn't resist. So as you may know, I have more than a few of those base cards that are good enough to actually keep. Lately, it's hard to find a base card worth keeping unless its PC.

just thought I'd add my two cents. NICE choice in old school break, friend!