Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I'm back everybody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like I'm back...at least in a talking sense!

As you all know, things have been really hard since my wife and I got married (yes, wife/kids do truly suck the life out of you...I'm losing hair and going gray at 23!). Well, come August, after two months of unemployment, I was able to get a job managing...shocker I know...another Halloween store down here! I was also able to get the job of the sous chef at a Yacht Club a mile from my house! For two months I put in 70+ hours a week every week to try and get out of the hole.

Thankfully, Two weeks ago I got the promotion to head chef at my yacht club! This was the first time I was able to work only 40 hours a week and support my family. We weren't rich, but by Joe all of our bills were covered and we could go out to dinner once and a while!

Well...as of yesterday...they fired me after two weeks! Evidently they were hurting financially and needed to cut lose the top $ employee (because they're morons and don't know how to run a restaurant).

So here I am. On my couch again. Applying for jobs like mad trying to keep from falling in the hole again a week before Thanksgiving!

Thankfully, we purchased the food for the holiday the first week I got the promotion! Looks like it will be back to working 70+ hours again!

And to make matters worse, I won two auctions totaling $11 shipped this weekend because I figured things were FINALLY going to be ok and I could slowly start rebuilding the collection...apparently I spoke too soon!

Oh well! Lord giveth the Lord taketh away, I'll just have to find something fast!

Hope all is well and you all continue to have a safe holiday season
I admire your determination to keep pushing on. I have always believed hard work like yours will pay off in the end. I really hope I am right.
(11-25-2014, 10:37 AM)micorps Wrote: [ -> ]I admire your determination to keep pushing on. I have always believed hard work like yours will pay off in the end. I really hope I am right.
join the club (and thanks for the kind words). I'm not trying to have a pity party here, but its just reached the point where it is either "we make it or we are done" (both in terms of my marriage and financially). I find it amazing that 1 year ago I had a 725 credit score, a paid for car, and no debt lol now I have a 450 credit score and 15k or so in debt lol hopefully things look up soon, but hey, that's life!
Hey nice to hear from you, hope things go well for you.
welcome back
Hey man good to hear from you again. Keep pushing on man it'll get better. Was in the same boat after the bad drought here, lost a $22/hr management job because of less rice. Took me 6 months to find something again, less pay of course but it's a start. Anyhow good to hear from ya and hopefully you will find something soon.
Now I am on two forums, Justin! Twice the shots gonna be fired your way. Hehe! Welcome back and best wishes!

Randi
Still no job, selling autographs I have no want to sell. No hope in sight, but thanks for the good wishes Randi
(11-28-2014, 04:51 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]Still no job, selling autographs I have no want to sell. No hope in sight, but thanks for the good wishes Randi
Very rough to hear, Justin. I hope that it gets better. Get out there and make it happen!

Randi
Welcome back
Pages: 1 2