Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beware panini redemption. Don't believe panini's check list and support.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Now I want to sharing bad experience about panini redemption and support.
1 years ago, I bought a redemption card for "12-13 panini preferred panini's choice gold paul george" on ebay. Normally gold version is limited /10. But panini revealed paul george gold version card is limited /1 on their check list. And I confirmed this card's limited count through panini support service. they said, "The paul george that you redeemed is infact a 1/1. It is also in our system as a 1/1 so yours will be the only one. If you have any other questions just let us know.". This card limited count can be checked on beckett check list.
But recently I find out revised check list on panini website. This card limited count changed to 10. So I asked about this happen to panini support service. Panini said, "We were also under the assumption because of the mislabeling on the checklist that this was also a 1/1 however this is actually /10 which is still a limited quality. If you would like a replacement for the George out of 10 we will replace it at that value but we will not replace it as a 1/1. Thank you.".
HaHa. I know that count 10 is still a limited quality. But /10 is not same 1/1. 1/1 has higher value than /10. Panini don't mind customer's loss that caused their mistake.
I requested replacement for same value card for paul george's 1/1 card. But they said "We will be replacing this at the value of the actual card (/10). If that isn't acceptable then we would suggest waiting on the actual card. Thank you.".
Beware panini redemption card. Don't believe panini's check list and support service. If you can help me, please let me know what I can do. Thanks.
(11-11-2014, 07:22 PM)richbatt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Now I want to sharing bad experience about panini redemption and support.
1 years ago, I bought a redemption card for "12-13 panini preferred panini's choice gold paul george" on ebay. Normally gold version is limited /10. But panini revealed paul george gold version card is limited /1 on their check list. And I confirmed this card's limited count through panini support service. they said, "The paul george that you redeemed is infact a 1/1. It is also in our system as a 1/1 so yours will be the only one. If you have any other questions just let us know.". This card limited count can be checked on beckett check list.
But recently I find out revised check list on panini website. This card limited count changed to 10. So I asked about this happen to panini support service. Panini said, "We were also under the assumption because of the mislabeling on the checklist that this was also a 1/1 however this is actually /10 which is still a limited quality. If you would like a replacement for the George out of 10 we will replace it at that value but we will not replace it as a 1/1. Thank you.".
HaHa. I know that count 10 is still a limited quality. But /10 is not same 1/1. 1/1 has higher value than /10. Panini don't mind customer's loss that caused their mistake.
I requested replacement for same value card for paul george's 1/1 card. But they said "We will be replacing this at the value of the actual card (/10). If that isn't acceptable then we would suggest waiting on the actual card. Thank you.".
Beware panini redemption card. Don't believe panini's check list and support service. If you can help me, please let me know what I can do. Thanks.
Realistically there's not much you can do. Obviously you won't get anywhere complaining directly to them so I'd submit a complaint to the BBB. There's a reason Panini is rated as an F by the Better Business Bureau, but they do take the time to actually respond to complaints filed.

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-revie...x-90338985
This is a perfect example as to why I never ever will buy a redemption card on eBay or anywhere else for that matter. Something could go awry and there's little to nothing you can do about it. I think filing a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as the person stated above me is the best route to take. I had redemption card issues with Upper Deck and filed a complaint with the BBB and they helped me finally obtain my cards (replacement cards but nice cards nonetheless). Be sure to take your time and fill out the complaint properly or else you'll just be wasting your time.

On a side note, Panini is graded an F by the Better Business Bureau? Wow...I never knew that.
Yeah, Panini is craptastic when it comes to ...pretty much everything. I've only had problems with Panini when trying to get redemption cards.

I've never had any issues with other companies (Topps, Upper Deck, Press Pass, etc).
Not much of a surprise, really- when you're the only game in town, you don't have to worry about service. I've been less than thrilled with Panini overall, that's for sure.
Just finished up with another pretty horrible experience with them myself. I had asked for replacements for two outstanding redemptions and they got back to me the same day stating that they'd have the replacements out in 4-6 weeks (on top of the 4 months they'd already been on there). After 11 weeks without any update, I opened another request to replace the same card and they apologized and told me they'd have them out in 3 days. At the 5 day point without a response or status change I opened a third support ticket and only then did they get the replacements out. At that point, though, my initial replacement request (for team or set) was completely ignored and I received one card that I didn't want and one card that I already have 7 of. Replacements are bad enough and about to get worse, since they're being replaced by point cards and the system is being turned into more of a direct-purchase catalog, but it's hard to understand why it takes over 12 weeks to replace a redemption if Panini isn't even going to consider what the customer asked for as a replacement.

It's not really surprising that Panini has a BBB rating of F, but these days it's unusual to see an honest review about a company.
Lol, this sounds kind of silly to me. Why would they make a gold 1/1 and a black 1/1. Were you under the impression it was a 1/1 before you bought it? Sounds like a misprint on their checklist. Paninis redemption program is slow (to put it mildly) but this doesn't sound like anything I'd fault them over, maybe for hiring a customer service rep that is not familiar with the products and probably just looked at the same checklist you did. What would you expect Panini to do? Value it as a 1/1 even though it is not? Panini has a lot of problems but you're still dealing with the lesser of multiple evils.
(11-14-2014, 10:35 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, this sounds kind of silly to me. Why would they make a gold 1/1 and a black 1/1. Were you under the impression it was a 1/1 before you bought it? Sounds like a misprint on their checklist. Paninis redemption program is slow (to put it mildly) but this doesn't sound like anything I'd fault them over, maybe for hiring a customer service rep that is not familiar with the products and probably just looked at the same checklist you did. What would you expect Panini to do? Value it as a 1/1 even though it is not? Panini has a lot of problems but you're still dealing with the lesser of multiple evils.
What he said. Anybody who follows panini even in the slightest knows the gold versions of those cards are not 1/1s.