Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ahab would be proud... (Latest PC addition)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

Im back to show my latest addition to my Mike Richter PC

Lets start with some nice late 90's stuff again:

[Image: 9900Paramount_zpsc887b6ce.jpg]
1999-00 Paramount

[Image: 9798Invincible_zpsd8c2b94e.jpg]
1997-98 Pacific Invincible

[Image: 9798Elitestatus_zps0fa28077.jpg]
1997-98 Donruss Elite Status (complete the "rainbow")

[Image: 9900BD_zps36bcc014.jpg]
1999-00 Black Diamond, also to complete the rainbow. 97-98, 98-99 were by far the best years of Black Diamond.

[Image: 1415OPC_zps5b21a9e7.jpg]
Way more recent now, 14-15 O-Pee-Chee, i started whit the two hardest one to find this year, the Rainbow Black and the second one his the Retro Blank back.

And finally... the reason behind my title... my White Whale!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
[Image: Richter9192proSetAwardFront_zps81022e82.jpg][Image: Richter9192proSetAwardBack_zps6f12ceee.jpg]

I know for some of you who only collect the latest product, game used and all those pretty cards its kind of a letdown as far as final showing.

But for those like me who collect players from the 90's you all know how hard to find and expensive the cards from this set. So the following story of how i acquired it make it even sweeter:

Most of the Richter cards i added to my PC (and showed in my last two show&tell) were bought from the same seller on ebay as lot. So i knew from past experience with this guy that every cards in is lot were different. So when i saw a one of is lot show up just titled: Mike Richter lot of 9, including only cards from 91-92 and at the bottom of the image were three Pro set looking all the same, i decided to take a risk "just in case" that again all were different and that third Pro set was my holy grail. Today i received the lot and the best case scenario became true! Oh, and its not all... how much did i pay for this lot? 5.50$!!!!!
Awesome Pacific show.
Congrats on finding Whale #2. Now you need to come up with a NEW list of Whales for your Richter collection.
Wow. Smart buy.
Congrats on the White Whale. Now that you've knocked the top 3 off your list, whats next?
awesome card!! love that set!
Very nice. I still need a similar Dineen. Luckily, he's was from the Sponsored awards that had the writing below his name on the front, so they're a little easier to spot. Although reading your post, maybe that's not so lucky.
Amazing adds to the PC, Steve! It is always exhilarating to finish off the list of your top cards. Congrats on the spectacular cards, and thank you for the story and show!

Randi
HOLY CRAP! Congrats buddy! I've been looking for that card forever! Amazing!
Thanks guys for the comments.

Yeah, i'll have to come up with a new most wanted list now haha, not sure wich one i'll put on it yet, there is not clear cut one this time.

(11-18-2014, 09:23 AM)roussy35 Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY CRAP! Congrats buddy! I've been looking for that card forever! Amazing!
Thanks for the comment Chris,

i'm still reorganizing my Richter collection in my ORG but as soon as i finish i'll contact you, since i bought a bunch of Richter lot lately i added many doubles that you might need so we will work something out.
Pages: 1 2