Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Racing Forum Fantasy Game - FINAL STANDINGS!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Man I am going back and forth between Logano and Harvick, I would like to see Logano win only because of the Shell car but I am going to go with Harvick for Homestead win and the championship.
I was still a little torn between Harvick and Hamlin...but after watching qualifying, I have to go with Harvick. I think he's going to get his Cup Championship on Sunday.
I am still torn on who to pick. Harvick has always been good here and today was no exception. So many of you have picked him though.
I wish they had told me why JJ had such a horrible run in the final round of Qualifying. He was pretty good in practice, ran 13th in the 1st Rd. and 2nd in the 2nd Rd. I am leaning towards picking JJ for Sunday. The last time I didn't pick him at a track he has never won on, he won the race (Michigan). I am pretty sure that he and Chad are looking to cross Homestead off the list! I'll make my pick tomorrow.
Ryan newman
I'm going with Jimmie Johnson.
I'm gonna go with joey logano
Unless someone changes a pick in the final hour, here are the drivers we are watching tomorrow.

Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick (3x)
Jimmie Johnson
Joey Logano
Ryan Newman (3x)
Tony Stewart

If Harvick beats Gordon, the top 3 will stay the same. If Stewart finishes no worse than 36th, 4th place is safe for Tom. Jimmie, Joey, and Ryan will determine how the rest finish.

Just so you guys know (in case it happens), a tie is broken by member with the most picks finishing 1st over the season. That continues to 2nd place finishes and so on, if it continues to be tied.

As always, GL everyone and enjoy the race!
I think bonus points are due for picking the guy who finished last. LOL. And for picking the owner of the Chase Champion...LOL

Always pick with your head, not your heart...

I thought it would come down to Harvick and Hamlin, but Harvick and Newman was just as good. Why did Gordon pit with so few laps left? I didn't get it...and, if it weren't for the late Cautions, Harvick would have won by four or five seconds, I think...

Anyway, I don't think this format is awful, at least it's exciting, but Logano really got a raw deal, still. So, I would propose this:

Bonus points for winning a race during the season be increased to 12, and a win does not get you into the Chase.
Make the Chaee 16 drivers still, but only two rounds, six and four races.
Bonus points for a win in the Chase first round increase to 16.
Top six make the second round.
Bonus points for a win in round two is 22.
That makes a win just as important, but doesn't guarantee anything, so consistency still plays a part in the thing...

Just my two cents...
Personally, I think NASCAR needs to keep the format they used this year BUT do not reset the points after every 3 races! This series has always been based on points gained throughout the season. Now, that is not exactly the case! Anyway, I will post the new standings sometime Monday.

I would like to be the 1st to congratulate Jason on winning this year's contest! Good job on fighting back to get the lead late and hold on to it! You will get a PM from me Monday!!!
(11-16-2014, 08:52 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I think NASCAR needs to keep the format they used this year BUT do not reset the points after every 3 races! This series has always been based on points gained throughout the season. Now, that is not exactly the case! Anyway, I will post the new standings sometime Monday.

I would like to be the 1st to congratulate Jason on winning this year's contest! Good job on fighting back to get the lead late and hold on to it! You will get a PM from me Monday!!!
Even though the point system you suggest wouldn't have had Newman get to the final , I agree about not resetting the points.
My boy almost did it and I'm proud of him! Great season overall!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5