Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: CSA Grading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great price on a card graded by them, assuming the grade is close. It is graded an 8.5 by them and I would be very happy if I could cross it over to SGC and get a 7. Just wondering if anyone had ever bought anything graded by them or knew someone who did and what kind of experience they had.
Is that the Csa based out of British Columbia? The only Canadian grading company I trust is KSA. I'm not huge on graded cards but they, in my opinion would be the number four company after the big three.
Checked their website and it says they are the second oldest grading company and they are based in New York.
Regardless of how accurate CSA may be, there is still a significant difference in value. As I am a curious person, I looked up CSA grading on eBay and found that there was a 1960 Topps Mantle graded CSA 5.5 that sold for $119.99 and a PSA 5 sold for $255 and $269. There was also a 1966 Philadelphia Gale Sayers CSA 8 that sold for $119.99 and two PSA 8's that sold for over $500. To each their own with who they choose for grading and whether or not it is to actualize profit/value or just to slab/protect and display your cards. The only graded cards I own are a 1933 Sanella Babe Ruth, 1951 Berk Ross Joe DiMaggio, 1958 Topps Mickey Mantle, and a 1963 Topps Pete Rose only for authenticity purposes due to heavy counterfeiting of those cards. If I ever do get a card graded in the future it would be with Beckett or PSA due to collector reputation and if I ever did decide to sell they would actualize more value from a historical perspective.
I just wonder if you would crack a CSA 8.5 what would BGS or PSA grade it.
(10-15-2014, 09:08 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: [ -> ]I just wonder if you would crack a CSA 8.5 what would BGS or PSA grade it.
This is what I am wondering.