Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: same card but mine is numbered?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just oped up a pack and received a Terrance West game worn auto. I looked it up on ebay just being curious as I just stared collecting and saw the same card on there but it wasn't numbered? Mine is #/99 and the two I saw on ebay didn't have numbers but it was the same card. I thought that numbered cards only had that many cards made, or is it that they only numbered that many cards and who knows how many where made? Someone help me out with some info on this. Thanks.
My first guess would be that it is a parallel of a card, but it'd be easier if you gave specifics. This is one instance:

2014 Finest Rookie Patch Autographs Refractors #RAPTW Terrance West is not numbered

2014 Finest Rookie Patch Autographs Blue Refractors #RAPTW Terrance West is numbered to 99.
Yours is most likely a parallel. Parallels are cards with slight changes to them in terms of color of the foil, background color, refractor/prizm style, etc. Sometimes parallels are serial numbered. Sometimes parallels are easy to distinguish, other times they can be more difficult (especially if you don't have another base card to compare it to).
First off, thanks for the reply. I was wrong though, guess I should've look over my cards again. The card in question is a 2014 topps valor rookie patch auto of Martavis Bryant 09/99. On the back it says Shield of Honor auto patch card. This is the one I've looked up and saw the numbers on mine but not on the ones for sale.

I think your right though about the parallel thing. Mine has speed written over and over in a gold ribbon and the ones I saw didn't have anything where the ribbon is.

Thanks again for your help on this. I wouldn't have ever thought they would make parallels of auto/patch cards.
The card companies make parallels of EVERYTHING nowadays.