Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Anybody have a '48 leaf Satchell Paige?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for one. Preferably graded.
Good luck pal!
Yeah, thought it was a long shot. There's a large card show in Wilmington, MA at the end of the month. Im going to try and get one there. I didn't see one last year though. Even the heavy hitters seemed to be out.
(10-14-2014, 04:53 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thought it was a long shot. There's a large card show in Wilmington, MA at the end of the month. Im going to try and get one there. I didn't see one last year though. Even the heavy hitters seemed to be out.
I just moved back to the mainland hoping to hit some card shows next year.
Dont know where your from, but the Wilmington, MA show is the coming up at the end of the month. The 31st, 1st and 2nd. Its called the greater boston sports card show. PSA, Beckett, SGC will be there. Tons of great signers and vendors.
(10-18-2014, 06:20 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know where your from, but the Wilmington, MA show is the coming up at the end of the month. The 31st, 1st and 2nd. Its called the greater boston sports card show. PSA, Beckett, SGC will be there. Tons of great signers and vendors.
Who is going to be there signing??? I live in the Midwest, and don't make it to a lot of the eastern shows. If someone is going, could I ask a favor to get some sigs??

Bamyank (Brian)
Other coast
I am going. Let me check who's signing and I'll get right back to you.
Kevin Millar, Doug Mienkiewicz, Mike Timlin, Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Keith Foulke, Derek Lowe, Pokey Reese, Curt Leskanic, Adam Hyzdu, Alan Embree, Orlando Cabrera, Mark Belhorn, Mike Myers, Frank Thomas, Tom Glavine, Roberto Alomar, Steve Carlton, Henry Winkler, Ric Flair, Dave Roberts, Trot Nixon, Joe Castiglione, Gerry Cheevers, Ed Phillips, Oil Can Boyd, Curt Schilling, Dave Magadan, Cesar Crespo, and Chris Noth. That's whats listed so far. There's going to be a few authors there as well who have written books on the T-206 collection and Cracker Jack collection.
I'll post here if I see one this weekend at the Long Island National show.
That 48 leaf Paige RC is a tough one to find centered & focused.
Many folks pay outragous prices for these hard to find cards that seldom come up. There was one in a notbale auction house a while back, it was o/c and out of focus but in the end got a hefty price tag.
I was looking at one for a while, almost went for this last one, but decided on a beauty of a Jackie one instead.
Pass this along: Always buy the card, not the Holder!!!!
Sometimes a 2-3 that is centered well is more appleasing to the eye than some O/c 4,5, or 6's.
If your looking for one, I may know someone that may be selling, not sure. He just bumped it a grade and its the most eye pleasing one i ever seen. Shooting you a PM

Pages: 1 2