Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: ~~Need Help My Friends~~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fellow Beckett Community Collectors and Members,

I am reaching out for help. Nothing life or death, but I want to put a smile on my cousins face (he's 12 years old). Couple days ago he was involved in an accident and broke some bones. He's doing ok, but has his legs are in casts and his arm in a splint. He's feeling pretty miserable right now.

A little over a year ago, I got him hooked on collecting. We go to shows together, collect and trade, and go to the occasional Red Wings game. He's like my little brother (my mother more or less brought him in, and removed him from an unstable home).

He's a big fan of Ultimate Memorabilia cards (I think mostly because they're slabbed). He like's mostly anything from base, auto's, jersey's, patches, sticks, etc. He's taking a liking to the 2008-09 Ultimate cards because they all have unique patches.

I'm not looking for anything out of this world like triple patch/autos or 1/1's. I'm looking to collect as many patch, jersey, auto slabbed cards for a nice Christmas gift for him.

I'm not looking for free hand outs, but keep in mind that I'm not looking to break the bank either and trade 1 high end card for a some lower end cards.

Sorry for the long read, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading and lets hope we can get some trades completed.

Thanks,
Wow! I am sorry to read this, Brian. I do hope that he heals quickly, as I know that being in one cast sucks... so I can only imagine what he has to deal with. I only have UM cards that are PC, but I would like to help. Are there any other players that he likes? Teams?

Randi
Randi - thanks for the thoughts. He's managing ok, but bummed out that he cant play sports this winter. At least the NHL season is starting to keep him busy. He's a Red Wings fan all the way and really likes Zetterberg and Datsyuk (we live an hour from Detroit so I don't know too many kids his age that don't appreciate the Euro-Twins)
I was able to get some cards (HUGE SHOUT OUT TO FRED BEAR and GREEKGOONY).

I am still looking for more Ultimate Memorabilia cards
Are you looking for only Ultimate stuff? I have a bunch of Nyquist cards...
Mostly looking for Ultimate stuff first