Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Racing Forum Fantasy Game - Week 21 - STANDINGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EDIT: NEW POINTS STANDINGS ARE IN POST #26

This week's race is on Sunday Sept. 21st @ New Hampshire - 2 pm. Cutoff time to make picks is Sat. Sept. 20th at 10 pm EDT. Here are the current Points Standings:

1. E7B - 697
2. Mik - 672 (-25)
3. kev - 659 (-38)
4. spaz - 609 (-88)
5. dun - 595 (-102)
6. lead - 564 (-133)
7. a9a - 556 (-141)
8. mini - 545 (-152)
9. ss - 528 (-169)
10. rhy - 418 (-279)

I am still going with Jimmie Johnson.
Don't worry, Jerry, I got it for ya this week...

Jerry will be picking Jeff Gordon this week.

...I got your back, buddy! Wink
Thank you Jason Smile lol, to make it official I second that motion, Jeff Gordon please Smile Thank you.

Jerry
(09-15-2014, 06:44 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, Jerry, I got it for ya this week...

Jerry will be picking Jeff Gordon this week.

...I got your back, buddy! Wink

Like I didn't know that? Big Grin
(09-15-2014, 09:29 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Like I didn't know that? Big Grin
I was surprised by that move, too, Jerry... Smile

So, Adam, honestly, do you think JJ is going to really kick it in soon, or is this just not his year? I see three real contenders right now, and the 48 isn't one of them...I just don't see any buzz about him. It is a bit surreal to me, actually, and maybe I'm missing too many pre-race things, but I just don't hear the same enthusiasm about Jimmie, or Dale, Jr.

Well, I don't think the 2 can win a third race in a row, and I'm chasing Jerry, so I'll yield the 24 to him, so I'm going with Harvick.

And I think the Chase is already down to those three cars...they have and are dominating. Keselowski sure looks like he's the favorite, and I know it's just one race in and anything can happen, but he looks like he's dialed in...
Ha, so it begins:

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2014/9/15...rnhardt-jr
And I guess I'm dialed in a bit, as well:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/a...rites.html
Kasey Kahne
Ryan Newman
Kevin (minitracer), I already wrote you down from last week's thread. Thanks for posting it here though.

Tom, Jimmie's time is coming! We are going into a stretch of his best/favorite tracks. Crunch-time is now and JJ & Chad know it. PLUS, I can't really pick Gordon with Jerry picking him every week. You can't gain points if you pick the same driver as the leader! Tongue

What I am most looking forward to in the Chase is the final race. If JJ makes it into the Final 4 drivers, what can they do at Homestead-Miami? JJ has never won there, but he never really needed to win there! He just needed to stay out of trouble and get a decent finish to win the Title. If he is NOT up for the title then, does he finally try to put a checkmark on the list of tracks where he's won a race?
Oh yeah, I meant to mention this earlier too. JJ was being counted out of Contention back in May also. Everyone said he is off this year. Main problem was just bad luck with odd circumstances (parts failures). Then JJ won 3 of the next 4 races, Charlotte and Dover back-to-back and Michigan for the 1st time. Charlotte and Dover are both Chase tracks! Dover is in Rd. 1, Charlotte is in Rd. 2, AND Phoenix is in Rd. 3. JJ still has a good shot at being one of the final 4 cars.
(09-16-2014, 12:47 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin (minitracer), I already wrote you down from last week's thread. Thanks for posting it here though.

Tom, Jimmie's time is coming! We are going into a stretch of his best/favorite tracks. Crunch-time is now and JJ & Chad know it. PLUS, I can't really pick Gordon with Jerry picking him every week. You can't gain points if you pick the same driver as the leader! Tongue

What I am most looking forward to in the Chase is the final race. If JJ makes it into the Final 4 drivers, what can they do at Homestead-Miami? JJ has never won there, but he never really needed to win there! He just needed to stay out of trouble and get a decent finish to win the Title. If he is NOT up for the title then, does he finally try to put a checkmark on the list of tracks where he's won a race?
Oh yeah, I meant to mention this earlier too. JJ was being counted out of Contention back in May also. Everyone said he is off this year. Main problem was just bad luck with odd circumstances (parts failures). Then JJ won 3 of the next 4 races, Charlotte and Dover back-to-back and Michigan for the 1st time. Charlotte and Dover are both Chase tracks! Dover is in Rd. 1, Charlotte is in Rd. 2, AND Phoenix is in Rd. 3. JJ still has a good shot at being one of the final 4 cars.
So, that was my thinking, too, sort of. The tracks coming up are really good tracks for the 48, so why isn't there any talk about that? Admittedly, he's been just above average, but I think you're right, there should be some really good finishes coming...

Good discussion...let's see how New Hampshire goes...
tony stewart
Pages: 1 2 3