Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Card replacement Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about card replacements. I bought a box of 2014 Rookies and Stars Longevity football from Target and I got a Blue Blake Bortles patch auto 14/25. The problem is right out of the pack, I noticed what looks like a pin hole. I've never sent for a replacement card before and don't know how to go about it. My question is, how do I go about doing it and is it worth the time and energy to do it?
For a good draft pick like that I would go ahead and send it in to be replaced. I'd start at their website, I know after you register there is a link to send in damaged cards. If I remember right it's around where the link is to redeem cards.

EDIT: This was bugging me so I figured it out for you. Just go to the website and sign in. Then go to customer support at the bottom. Under the FAQs there is a heading for factory damaged cards. Click on that and it'll open the request page. I wouldn't hold your breath though as they take a long time to do anything.
Thanks, that all I wanted to know. I once waited so long for a card it went from $50 to $15.
You'll need the receipt from the purchase and one of the wrappers from the box to send with it. I have a 2014 Antonio Brown End Zone score 3/6 that had a dinged corner out of the pack (with all the rest of the cards in perfect condition) and I didn't have the receipt anymore.
Ok thanks. I appreciate the info.
Send it in to be replaced hes a star in the making
(09-13-2014, 11:06 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: [ -> ]Send it in to be replaced hes a star in the making
What annoys me is I bought the box at Target and instead of sports cards on the receipt it says Boardgame hopefully Panini will accept the receipt.
(09-14-2014, 12:16 AM)chrisjoy Wrote: [ -> ]What annoys me is I bought the box at Target and instead of sports cards on the receipt it says Boardgame hopefully Panini will accept the receipt.
Yeah, I noticed that recently myself. I don't think it's a problem, since it's Target that put it that way. If Panini contacts Target about it, they'll confirm that's what they coded it as.
(09-15-2014, 09:13 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I noticed that recently myself. I don't think it's a problem, since it's Target that put it that way. If Panini contacts Target about it, they'll confirm that's what they coded it as.
Cool, thanks.