Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: FedEx Day! 2014 Topps Mini (Midi) boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got my 3 boxes today ....and Got one great card that I really wanted.

Box 1 .... Not a bad start.
Kemp Relic!
[Image: null_zps70157edb.jpg]
Pink /25 of Duffy, AL ERA Leaders
Black /5 Rodney.
[Image: null_zpsa57f2eba.jpg]

Box 2
Harper Relic!
[Image: null_zpsb49ebb6a.jpg]
Pink Fujikawa and Blanks
[Image: null_zps59c88470.jpg]

Box 3 ... a great box!
JETER RELIC!
[Image: null_zpsecaf2c7a.jpg]
1/1 of Josh Rutledge
[Image: null_zps7046010f.jpg]
Pink of Scherzer
[Image: null_zps1b080945.jpg]

Between the 3 boxes got gold of S. Drew, E. Cabrera, Drabek, Beltre, B. Anderson, Ortiz WS 6, Boshers, Danks, G. Green, Freeman, Ozuna, and Arroyo.

Only 1 base Abreu and zero Tanaka cards Sad a little disappointed that 3 boxes and not 1 auto, not 1 Tanaka ... But the Jeter relic just about makes up for that. .... A little Smile

All base & color cards for trade once pricing is out. I'm keeping the relics & Yankees. Most of the Phillies and Twins may have homes waiting for them as we speak Smile
Thanks for looking!
That Jeter relic.
Not terrible. The Jeter relic is nice, especially for a Yanks fan!

The scarcely inserted autos is scaring me away from a box. Maybe down the road when it's a tad cheaper.
Awesome DrM.....congrats on the Jeter! (sorry no Tanaka........the card gods giveith & takeith). Great relics....I like that they went with a different pattern though I like the Trajectory. You beat the odds on the Sapphire (did I spell it right!)....sweet. Maybe I can swap you for the Duffy pink (might go for the midie rainbow), you also have a 2014 Revere OD Blue that's been hiding out in your org that I just saw.

I just really love the Mini's (you must be sick of seeing the 331 - 660's after your case break). Think the coloring in the cards is super as they don't look faded. Thanks for sharing.......

Follow-up: what is your feeling about the edges of the Pink, golds and blacks? Wierd plastic like boarder and I may have a "chipping" problem on my golds. Regards, Bob........
(08-12-2014, 06:21 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome DrM.....congrats on the Jeter! (sorry no Tanaka........the card gods giveith & takeith). Great relics....I like that they went with a different pattern though I like the Trajectory. You beat the odds on the Sapphire (did I spell it right!)....sweet. Maybe I can swap you for the Duffy pink (might go for the midie rainbow), you also have a 2014 Revere OD Blue that's been hiding out in your org that I just saw.
Thanks, I was very happy (especially so) with Jeet, Bryce and Kemp, although in essence, those were 3 very expensive relics! Smile as were your!
Duffy is all yours .... Swap him maybe for the Yelich, if you haven't promised him to anyone? And the Revere is yours, too. I probably lost it/ misplaced it (senility, perhaps?), otherwise it Would have been in your collection already! I'll send it along with some cards that didn't fit in the last box ... I just loaded up some more trade stuff, nothing Phillies, though ... But give it a look anyway.

(08-12-2014, 06:21 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I just really love the Mini's (you must be sick of seeing the 331 - 660's after your case break). Think the coloring in the cards is super as they don't look faded. Thanks for sharing.......
The new mini-midi cards are really nice, bright and sharp!
Yep, I'm still up to my neck in base from the case!

(08-12-2014, 06:21 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Follow-up: what is your feeling about the edges of the Pink, golds and blacks? Wierd plastic like boarder and I may have a "chipping" problem on my golds. Regards, Bob........
Well, Phil ... I'm pretty happy with that little texture on the edges of the color ... Makes them really POP. My golds have some of that chipping you're talking about, too. Maybe why the did the other colors with that plasticky border ... It hides the chips Smile .... And yes, your Abreu and Tanaka cards look to be very 'minty' and need '10's in their upper right corners!
Regards,
Dr. Detroit
im intrested in the duffy
Not too shabby, Doc. It's really too bad you had to get such no-names for your relics though Big Grin

Side note: Streaky might be MIA ... two hangers of Platinum last night and literally nothing to speak of. I believe the best card of the bunch was a base prospect of Buxton (at least it's PC).
(08-13-2014, 09:22 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: [ -> ]Not too shabby, Doc. It's really too bad you had to get such no-names for your relics though Big Grin

Side note: Streaky might be MIA ... two hangers of Platinum last night and literally nothing to speak of. I believe the best card of the bunch was a base prospect of Buxton (at least it's PC).
He might be in transit, I think the Mini boxes that I opened is evidence that he's not around Smile
Besides, 2 bleeech blasters and assorted other stuff the last 2 days ... Be on the lookout .., Streaky is on the move ....break out the cold beer, take out some old bourbon, start grilling the sizzling beef, and warn all the beautiful Blondes .... Streaky might be coming to your hometown! Smile

BTW: how are you with Buxton platinum purples? Do you have one, or do you need one?
(08-13-2014, 10:28 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]He might be in transit, I think the Mini boxes that I opened is evidence that he's not around Smile
Besides, 2 bleeech blasters and assorted other stuff the last 2 days ... Be on the lookout .., Streaky is on the move ....break out the cold beer, take out some old bourbon, start grilling the sizzling beef, and warn all the beautiful Blondes .... Streaky might be coming to your hometown! Smile

BTW: how are you with Buxton platinum purples? Do you have one, or do you need one?
I will be on the lookout for him. I'm hoping one of the Targets around me gets restocked before the weekend, so Streaky and I can kick back, do guy stuff and break some wax. Hopefully he's not burned out on playing Dead Island yet.

I do actually need a purple Buxton. I know I've got a Chrome and a bunch of base coming in from a 1/2 case break I bought into, but I don't think I've managed a purple yet.
Nice stuff Dr. I am happy you got the relic of Jeter that seems to be a pretty good pull! Also that 1/1 could sell pretty well.
Pages: 1 2