Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: PC additions - June additions at #292
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(03-17-2015, 06:52 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]Nice evil 'green lantern' Batman!
Great card pick ups, too! I guess ordering from Korea is like waiting on a redemption from Topps, except the cards from Korea actually show up. Smile
The best part of ordering from Korea is the prices are really low because nobody wants to wait. If you're a little patient you can get some killer deals.
(03-17-2015, 06:58 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful vintage Jared.
Thanks! I don't have a ton - mostly Killebrew/Twins and a handful of bigger names, but I finally understand the allure. I've also been really fortunate to get good deals because people really underestimate the condition of their old stuff. That, or I'm not as picky if it's a card I really want Smile

Nice Killebrew pick-Ups. As for the Blackest Night Batman I didn't know they made that into POP. I was Blackest Night Batman for Halloween.
(03-17-2015, 08:47 AM)beginesj Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Killebrew pick-Ups. As for the Blackest Night Batman I didn't know they made that into POP. I was Blackest Night Batman for Halloween.
Right! 'Blackest Night' Batman ... I didn't remember what that storyline was called. I stopped regularly reading/collecting comics about 8 years ago because it was taking up too much space, taking up too much time and taking too much money from me. So Eventually replaced collecting comics with collecting cards cards, which is taking up too much space, taking up too much time and taking too much money from me.

It was like a Heroin addict becoming a Methadone addict Smile

but I digress. I saw that 'Darkest Night' story shaping up, since I still buy all my card supplies from my old comic shop, and it looked intriguing, especially since Green Lantern was one of my favorite DC Comics characters. ( 1)Batman 2) Superman 3) GL)
Anyway ... Great pick ups, Jared! Do you collect all the POP figures or only the superheroes? I have about 6 or 7... They're cool!

Sorry for this little interruption ... Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Baseball Cards!!! Smile
(03-19-2015, 07:02 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]Right! 'Blackest Night' Batman ... I didn't remember what that storyline was called. I stopped regularly reading/collecting comics about 8 years ago because it was taking up too much space, taking up too much time and taking too much money from me. So Eventually replaced collecting comics with collecting cards cards, which is taking up too much space, taking up too much time and taking too much money from me.

It was like a Heroin addict becoming a Methadone addict Smile

but I digress. I saw that 'Darkest Night' story shaping up, since I still buy all my card supplies from my old comic shop, and it looked intriguing, especially since Green Lantern was one of my favorite DC Comics characters. ( 1)Batman 2) Superman 3) GL)
Anyway ... Great pick ups, Jared! Do you collect all the POP figures or only the superheroes? I have about 6 or 7... They're cool!

Sorry for this little interruption ... Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Baseball Cards!!! Smile
Drug analogies aren't a bad starting spot with things like this. lol

My collection of Pops is pretty small, but it's kind of all over the place.

I've got a Star-Lord (GoG), a Joker Batman (Loot Crate exclusive mashup), Incredible Hulk, a Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead), Slimer (Ghostbusters) and then Drogon and a Khal & Khaleesi 2-pack (Game of Thrones).

Pretty much, whichever ones catch my eye ... kinda like my card collection.
Been a busy, busy week. Lots of singles coming in, a couple of trades and a very small amount of retail purchases ... here's the highlights. After a couple more days I should be able to post some serious Twins Bowman Draft progress.

A bunch of Kennys Vargas Donruss:
[Image: 20150325_212707_zpsbhlqk0hf.jpg]

Some more Vargas Donruss, along with the MVPs:
[Image: 20150325_213036_zpsosqabyku.jpg]

Nick Gordon and Michael Cederoth:
[Image: 20150325_214018_zpstq2amp4l.jpg]

A bunch of Burdi, Rosario, Trout (again love the Opening Day Stars set) and two of my newer "PC guys":
[Image: 20150325_214333_zps3hklkckb.jpg]

And finally, a bunch of Buxton, some Berrios and another Sano:
[Image: 20150325_214515_zps3spsrb11.jpg]
You've been busy, buddy!
Nice stuff! Great pick ups!
Great stuff Jared! Berrios looked pretty good this year in camp. I'm betting he's in the rotation pretty soon.
(03-26-2015, 05:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]You've been busy, buddy!
Nice stuff! Great pick ups!
I have been - maybe even a little too much so. Got a few more pieces coming in that I'm really excited about though.
(03-26-2015, 01:48 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff Jared! Berrios looked pretty good this year in camp. I'm betting he's in the rotation pretty soon.
He did look really good. I'm a little scared that we won't see him any time soon. Meyer already got shipped out and I think May is going to be next ... all so Tommy Milone can be the #5 and Mike Pelfrey can be in the pen. I want Terry Ryan out of town so badly. He hates young pitchers for some reason.
I'd rather go with Berrios, than those other 2, but I'm no GM. I think you know what to expect from Milone and Pelfrey, and those guys are great for watching the other teams tee off... hahahah. I think with Berrios, you just never know.
If Berrios makes it to MLB this year it won't be until September - Meyer and Mays will get shots before he will. I'm hoping Nolasco does enough that they can trade him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30