Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MJ HOT SHOTS saga.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick story.....

I sold a (raw) MJ Hot Shots to a guy on this forum, I sold the card as MINT and that it would likely grade BGS 9.5....(not guaranteed)

I went to send the card out today and noticed the card had split and was in bad shape, on further inspection it looks to me like the card was probably GLUED back together on a corner at some stage making it a mess altogether....

So I can't knowingly sell someone a card like this....

So to make sure this person gets what he paid for (and then some) I'm going to send him a BGS 9.5 Hot shots instead for the same price...

This thread is just to let him know he will be getting a Hot Shots BGS 9.5 for the same price he paid for the raw card and that it will be sent out as soon as I can pick it up (it's at my other house)...(Tuesday)

Hope that makes sense.

-Gary

Just wanted to post that Gary is a stand-up guy, really great to deal with.

Thanks Gary!
Card will be sent out tomorrow as promised....

[Image: hotshotsouch_zps079b83fc.jpg]
Man that's a nice card, class act for doing that and congrats to plasticmoz on receiving such a sweet card with a high grade.
Very classy act man! these cards seem to keep rising in value unlike some of the other great 90's inserts.
Got the card today, just to reiterate that Gary is a class act. Nice change after having dealt with a couple of folks in the recent past I would never deal with again...
(08-02-2014, 12:36 PM)plasticmoz Wrote: [ -> ]Got the card today, just to reiterate that Gary is a class act. Nice change after having dealt with a couple of folks in the recent past I would never deal with again...
Glad you got it so quickly, I was a bit worried something else would go wrong!

Now for the split Hot shots....

I ended up cutting off the split bit and it now looks like this...

[Image: IMG_2416_zpsf0e02d30.jpg]

Would people still be interested in this card now I cut off the messed up bit I don't know?