Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: These look nice together (Patch Auto combinations)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the past two weeks I've picked up a couple of huge PC cards and I thought I would share them.

First is this Sully Gold. I have been looking for this one for over a year. The only who I have heard of as being available is one that JMarchand saw at a local show and the seller wanted 1500.00. This one was recently available on auction, but I was nervous based on the seller. It was a consignment firm who is known for being able to get the absolute most for their items. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but it was worth it.

[Image: 1BB54696-FBAE-4941-B4EE-3AEDBF81D605_zpsmjgzlhet.jpg]

It looks great with the base, prizm and black versions. There are not National Convention/ Father's Day/ or other promotional versions of this card. So this completes the player set for this. Two of the gold not jersey autos just sold over the past week. I let them go and I'll stop here with the Sully Select stuff.

[Image: 0445CE09-87F9-4667-8BB7-F70689AA0075_zps73m1pubn.jpg]

Now for the one that really has me excited. I was not collecting cards when this product was live so I knew very little about this card. In response to one of my previous posts Bunkunteer gave me some insight into these autos. I searched and found someone in Germany that was selling one. I went back and forth for about 4 months on the price as asking on eBay was way too high. Eventually I got it down significantly and made the purchase. It was quickly become one of my favorite cards.

[Image: A0B5C7E4-C1AA-45C9-8362-AEA238F73E94_zps1srusbm3.jpg]

And it looks great next to the patch version...

[Image: 37FF67F2-0DB3-40F3-ADA9-8140C34AC70E_zpsfndbcl91.jpg]
Amazing pickups man! That completed rainbow looks fantastic. Those Select Blacks and Gold look amazing, potentially my favorite Parallels from last season.

And now the Bird! I love the design of those cards, and I don't know anything about them. What year and company are they?
(07-23-2014, 07:25 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing pickups man! That completed rainbow looks fantastic. Those Select Blacks and Gold look amazing, potentially my favorite Parallels from last season.

And now the Bird! I love the design of those cards, and I don't know anything about them. What year and company are they?
Thanks Tim. I really like the Select stuff as well. Unfortunately the Sulljnger straight auto cards are on-card I believe while these jersey autos from the same set are sticker. I might be wrong, but I think that is correct and is a little frustrating that they had access to him for on-card Select and these had to be sticker. Okay I'm done ranting.

The Bird is a Panini card. It's from the 2009-10 Hall of Fame product. I don't know much about the product as I wasn't collecting then. It seems like it was a relatively high end release with a high focus on on-card autos. Maybe someone else will see this and can fill us in a little more.
Dang man, Buckeyes and Dream Team autos, doesn't get much better than that! Many congrats on that Bird auto! I'm curious, what'd you get it down to? (No worries if you don't wanna answer). Even raw ones of Bird and Magic routinely go for well over $100.

A box of that product can be had now on the major card websites for around $80 usually, but hits are scarce. No idea what the original release price was.
I remember that Hall of Fame release. At one time I think it was down to $50-60 at my local shop, down from over $100 originally. The "hits" are pretty minor unless you get lucky. I'd say more for the basketball historian, looking for lesser known or available players, than a collector looking for a big score. I think I had 2 redemptions I pulled from it, one was replaced and the other, A Kevin McHale auto /100, is STILL PENDING FROM 2009!

Really love those Birds!
The Hall of Fame product definitely was a bit obscure. I know it included autos such as Pat Summitt. A very cool concept, but a limited value. I have a Walter Brown and Red Auerbach card from the set as part of my retired Celtics PC. I paid right around 200.00 for the card with shipping and insurance from Germany. The seller had it posted on an auction site with a BIN of 450.00 I made several offers and eventually was able to get it down to a reasonable price. As I look at comps right now a raw Bird sold at auction for 258, a raw Pippen sold at auction for 260, and a BGS 9 Magic shows as sold BIN at 249.99. Other players such as Stockton, Mullin and Drexler sell in the 100-150 range. I'm not sure of the numbering of all the cards, but the Bird auto is numbered /49. However, I believe I read that these cards were very difficult hits out of this product and I'm willing to bet there is a lot that is still unopened so there supply of singles is likely limited.
Very nice!

Mike
That Sully Gold is sweet!