Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Think my time at Beckett might be all done...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! Been on vacation this week, and while I was away, Beckett's famous no-notice annual payment hit my expired credit card, and likely killed my org in the process of locking me out. I'm considering whether to resubscribe or not, but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. If I do re-up and my org's toast, I'll be furious. If you sent me a trade request, I'm not ignoring it, I just can't see it. When I get home, I'll let everyone know, but Beckett has just about shut the door on me wanting to stay as a subscriber. That's not saying I won't be trading, I will, but using the trade tool isn't worth the cost of subscription anymore. Too many good long-standing members have walking away because of the site's issues, and as much as I'd hate to be one of them, they're sure not giving me any reason to stay. We're not allowed to trade here without doing it through their questionable trade system, so what's the point? Sorry for the mini rant, but I'm on vacation with the family, and shouldn't be dealing with this kind of hassle. A simple e-mail saying "Hey, your subscription is up in a couple weeks, please check your payment info if you want to remain subscribed" would have been a simple and helpful solution in advance. Anyone else have any thoughts in the matter? Let's open it up for discussion.
well it sucks if you do go and don't blame you........i myself have lost interest in trading best of luck to you
We have a trade going that I was going to counter offer. I will wait to see what you do.

Sorry for your troubles. Hopefully you can get things worked out.

Thanks,
Nathan
I can assure you that your Org. Is still fine and in place. The system would not remove it automatically unless you were inactive for a long while. I do hope that you are able to keep within the Community, Chris, as you are one of the top-standing members of the Boards and can offer a lot of great experience to the newer members... that, and you have the most amazing shows with the "Last Pack Rule!" Haha! Enjoy the rest of your time with your family! Best wishes!

Randi
I keep buying the OPG one month at a time. I make the comments when I remove the Auto renew and always get a message saying someone will get back to me about my comments. It's been 4 months with no one contacting me. The trade tool when it is up is the easiest to work with. But there has been a major drop off of people in the threads. The Matchmaker that was promised will never materialize. And I just do not have the time to go into every need I have to find someone that has the card I need. Most times the person has not been on this site for months even years. With UD's exclusive and my new job I find it harder to be excited for cards. May take a break for the month of August and find better use of my hobby money.
(07-25-2014, 07:14 AM)mq13 Wrote: [ -> ]...With UD's exclusive and my new job I find it harder to be excited for cards. May take a break for the month of August and find better use of my hobby money...
This is why I will be buying much less product. Why NHL, why?