Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: REQUEST: design suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning on doing a third set of custom cards for the coming season and was hoping for some input to get my brain juices flowing. It would be great if you could post pictures, but if you only know the set name I can look it up myself as well.

Basic requirements:
- vertically oriented
- contains a designated area for signature
- contains full action photo (a la Collector's Choice or Hoops, as opposed to cards that have only the cut out silhouette of the player)

Let's hear it!
Are you wanting a suggestion of a previous auto set that would look good for your customs set next season?
Yes, sorry. I was indeed referring to existing sets

(06-27-2014, 03:56 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you wanting a suggestion of a previous auto set that would look good for your customs set next season?
1997-98 Bowman's Best?

I love the auto-ed versions when they sign on the basketball (and of course, any excuse to show off these bad boys is worth it, IMHO Smile )

[Image: bbmitchautos001_zpsf1e62ea1.jpg]
(06-27-2014, 10:11 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]1997-98 Bowman's Best?

I love the auto-ed versions when they sign on the basketball (and of course, any excuse to show off these bad boys is worth it, IMHO Smile )

[Image: bbmitchautos001_zpsf1e62ea1.jpg]
The basketball feature is an interesting point, thanks! Feel free to plug your Mitch PC anywhere, love the collection Smile
Been a busy week, sorry I hadnt posted yet. Heres the cards I've been making to hopefully send TTM. I really like the clean design of 03-04 exquiste and 09-10 exquisite
[Image: zp83nyn6x250.jpg]

Another throwback design that looks great and would be easy is the epic signatures or Inkcredibles
[URL="http://www.comc.com/Cards/Basketball/1998-99/Upper_Deck_Century_Legends_Epic_Signatures/JH/Missing/7741190"][Image: Missing.jpg?id=30292dfa-9554-4e61-bf57-1...e=original][/URL]

[URL="http://www.comc.com/Cards/Basketball/1999-00/Upper_Deck_Retro_Inkredible_Autographed/VC/Vince_Carter/1516697"][Image: Vince-Carter.jpg?id=e91074f0-7209-4d97-9...e=original][/URL]
Thanks for commenting jdetter! I had actually considered Exquisite following a Ricky Rubio RC that appeared on my eBay homepage.

However, a few days ago I came across the 2003-04 Topps Marks of Excellence and Topps Chromographs sets and thought I'd play with that design. First time I do this 100% in Photoshop.
Here's what I've come up with so far. I am liking the less vertical orientation of the action photo, because it allows me to use both horizontal and vertically oriented raw photos for the cards. What do you think?

[Image: test.jpg]