Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Rookie Rolodex Issue Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When Beckett publishes their Rookie Rolodex issue, is it the same month every year?

I would like to buy some back issues to aid me in my collection and knowing this would be very helpful. Also, does anyone know when they first started publishing their rolodex issue?

PS, I've tried using the search function and search for rookies by year, but it seems to leave some players out of that drop down list on the side of the screen. For instance when I search for "2005-06, Hockey, RC) and goto the drop down list, Gerald Coleman isn't in the drop down, but he is in the price guide.
I am not sure if this helps, but usually what I do is start with my main search for the year. So for instance typing "2005-06" in the main search field at the top. Then from there, I use the filters on the left-side panel. First selecting "Hockey" and then the next filter I would use would be the Attribute filter of "RC". That should show ALL "RC's" for Hockey in 2005-06.

Yep that's what I have been doing. Sadly there are two time consuming problems:

1.) Looking through all the cards listed, and hoping they have pictures (I collect rookie goalies so if I do not recognize the name, I'm screwed).

2.) The player list on the left side of the panel helps a lot however I have to plug in the name into hockey db to see if the player was a skater or goalie. Also, as I stated before, not all the players appear in the player drop down area on that left side panel.

BTW, thank you for taking out the Rangers!!!
Beckett's filled with issues when it comes to rookies. Dozens & dozens of guys don't have anything marked as having any Rc's, some have "Rc's" in multiple years, some have rookies in a certain set in a year, but not another set. I have also noticed that a few have rookies not listed because the set checklists are wrong here. I went set by set and went through every set to compile a master Rc list (very time consuming lol)

If i recall right, the checklist issue usually come out around now. Noticed in the past that it has errors to