Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does this annoy you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get agitated when I get a card graded by Beckett or I purchase a Beckett graded card and the slabbed card doesn't reflect the database. I guess it gets on my nerves because I would like to believe that Beckett would have its employees use the same database across all departments.

Here's an example:

Graded card says- 2004-05 UD Diamond Collection All-Star Lineup Gold Honors

Database says- 2004-05 Upper Deck All-Star Lineup Gold

Everyone who has used the database knows how sensitive it is to navigate. If you input UD instead of Upper Deck, the system will not locate your card. If you input Diamond Collection or Honors, you will not be able to locate your card. This makes it soo difficult to lookup your collection. Does anyone else find this annoying?
I would find that to be incredibly annoying... but I'm not really into graded cards.
i agree, the label should match what beckett lists the card in its database.
what's even worse is when i get a graded card and the card doesn't match the label...just throwing that out there...
(06-09-2014, 10:58 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: [ -> ]I get agitated when I get a card graded by Beckett or I purchase a Beckett graded card and the slabbed card doesn't reflect the database. I guess it gets on my nerves because I would like to believe that Beckett would have its employees use the same database across all departments.

Here's an example:

Graded card says- 2004-05 UD Diamond Collection All-Star Lineup Gold Honors

Database says- 2004-05 Upper Deck All-Star Lineup Gold

Everyone who has used the database knows how sensitive it is to navigate. If you input UD instead of Upper Deck, the system will not locate your card. If you input Diamond Collection or Honors, you will not be able to locate your card. This makes it soo difficult to lookup your collection. Does anyone else find this annoying?
I have sent this thread to the grading department and their management, so they will look this over. Sorry that this happened.

(06-13-2014, 12:28 AM)kstjst Wrote: [ -> ]what's even worse is when i get a graded card and the card doesn't match the label...just throwing that out there...
That has to be the worse. Another one is when you pick up a graded card and it's not even in the database??? How does that happen?
(06-13-2014, 08:54 AM)dficken Wrote: [ -> ]I have sent this thread to the grading department and their management, so they will look this over. Sorry that this happened.
Thanks
The worst thing thats happened to me is getting an error card graded its labeled with the regular card and not the error.
Case in point, this card, no mention of the lack of a diecut on the diecut card.
[Image: th_DSC_0373_zpsdfe98f04.jpg]