Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: For The Love Of The Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day, my fellow Beckett Members!

So the tough times are upon us, huh? So many members are leaving and I don't think that anyone can blame them. I may have the Moderator title stuck to my name, but I am a member who loves this community just as much as the next guy. I don't like what is going on with our site (yep... it's ours!) and I wish that there was more I could do to help out. With all of these hardships plaguing the hobby you would figure that it would be a tough thing to find some kindness and impossible generosity, but I give you Hugh and Walt's friendship that budded because of this site, and this piece of phenomenal generosity within this thread.

What is this that I speak of? Well...

I made a trade with Jeff (johlix) a while back and he forgot to send a couple of the cards in the mailer with the main card.

2012-13 ITG Forever Rivals Between The Pipes Dual Jerseys Gold-Vesa Toskala/Jaroslav Halak #/10

[Image: img900_zpsd4900d1f.jpg]

The forgotten few:

2010-11 Luxury Suite Autographs-Rogie Vachon #189/199

[Image: img901_zps52da91f5.jpg]

2013-14 Crown Royale Scratching The Surface-Ryan Spooner

[Image: img902_zpsa712a092.jpg]

Now there was an extra card in the package...

[Image: img903_zps40964769.jpg]

...to which you have to admit, it's always cool to get extra cards at any time. Then Jeff blew me away by throwing this absolute STUNNER into the package gratis!!!

2012-13 Panini Prime Prime Colors Logo-Jaroslav Halak #18/20

[Image: img904_zpsc1a75f37.jpg]

This is a giant chunk of the emblem of a game-worn jersey used by Jaroslav Halak! Unreal! This is definitely in the top ten of my Halak PC, and that is saying something! Oh... and it is also card #300!!! Such generosity as a milestone! It's like scoring the OT-game winning goal to send your team into the Playoffs as your 500th goal! Such an incredible gesture from such an incredible member. Thank you so much for the amazing cards, Jeff! You know that this will be paid forward in full! Best wishes, Beckett Community! Remember that we are the reason that this site is a great one... not the Org. or Trade Tool. US!!!

Randi
Nice additions Randi! And kudos to Jeff! Love seeing actions like this from members.
Awesome stuff Randi, I love seeing something like this on the boards when they are in trouble.
Randi - Great story and Awesome PC adds

Jeff - Kudos for the great act of selflessness

I agree this is by far the best community of traders. The problem is too many have left or are leaving.
That's awesome. The generosity on these boards are amazing. It's so sad to see what beckett has done because i honestly don't see this kind of greatness on other boards. Truly amazing.

I like threads like this, Randi. Nice!

Remember this hobby is all about people. Don't be selfish, greedy, and remember it's cardboard. There are pros and cons with every hobby and this one will stand the test of time no matter the highs and lows. It's all about people.
A great story Randi!
Awesome Halak Randi! Glad to see some folks are sticking around, it really is a great community of folks. Anyone still up for trading here, I'm sticking it out, so feel free to stay in touch!
WOW great gesture and a truly remarkable card.

The people here definitely make the site, but economics ie whether I'm employed when my subscription runs out will dictate what I do. Until then lets trade.
wow congrats

and this is what i am talking about for how this site should be about... trading as this is a truely a hobby site
Pages: 1 2