Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does this bug anyone else?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I pulled this Dwight card last week, 4 color patch /10 - pretty nice. Then I noticed he is in a Lakers uniform, but the patch is from a Magic uni. Is it nit picking to think that the uniform patches / jersey pieces on cards should match the picture on the card? I see this a lot and it just bugs me.
What annoys me more than that is a low numbered auto patch from a high end product and it is only one color.
Yes I agree with you 100%. For example this Gary Payton Auto in a Celtics Uniform, but the patch is from a lakers uniform. I ended up not keeping it because it bothered me so much. Drives me nuts!

[Image: garypaytonfront_zpsc39070ca.jpg]
That's another great example. I understand the card companies are just looking to move product, but there should be some sort of quality control in there somewhere.
It bugs the hell out of me as well, but not enough to keep me from picking up my PC players cards. I had a lot of issues with Grant Hill Patches after he was traded to the Clippers. I have several Phoenix patches on Clippers cards. I will say though it's better than having the player excluded from the set altogether for lack of correct jersey.
You've got a point, would hate to see the cards not come out due to lack of the proper jersey. I can only guess what their warehouse is like... scraps of jerseys in role boxes somewhere ?!
(05-26-2014, 05:43 PM)mgoehring Wrote: [ -> ]You've got a point, would hate to see the cards not come out due to lack of the proper jersey. I can only guess what their warehouse is like... scraps of jerseys in role boxes somewhere ?!
Exactly jerseys (even pieces of) are an investment. And it would be weird for a company to throw away an investment they made just because the player moved to a different team, more so if you take into account how often players seem to change teams nowadays.
Don't get me wrong the colors still clash and the end result looks pretty bad (more so when is between teams like Lakers and Celtics).
But they are looking for a different approach lately making sets with players in their earlier/older uniforms. I wasn't sure about this idea when the "Back to the future" set came out. It seemed like such an obvious and cheap move in a way. Like it was only a way to move older product. But then I have to admit the "First flight" set kind of grew on me. Maybe because it seems to work well with "Top flight", so It doesn't seem such a stretch.
But yeah I agree that they should avoid this, particularly in high-end product.
Personally, I've never really had an issue with this. What if your PC player played on your team and then was traded. It would be cool for me to still get patches of him from my team even though the pic is different.

The only real issue I have is with the manufactured patches.
Yes it do bug me. Another thing that bugs me is sticker autographs on rare 1/1 cards.
It's all about what the consumer will tolerate. If we keep buying, they'll keep making 'em.
Pages: 1 2